Real Scenery Downloader 10.6 - beta preview

Ben Russell

Some beta screenshots of the new downloader.

I hope it addresses any of the troubles some of you have had with our previous product.

The login screen, supply your X-Aviation customer details and the download-key for your Real Scenery purchase and you're set.

real%20scenery%20downloader%20login%20gui%2010.6.jpg

The transfer status screen, hopefully you see this screen as little as possible. ;)

real%20scenery%20downloader%20download%20status%20gui%2010.6.jpg

(Failures are deliberate. For testing.)

The core code has been entirely re-written. It is capable of completely saturating my meager ADSL connection.

Due to the long time involved downloading hundreds of megabytes of data I have included a throttle slider feature.

This allows you to keep your transfers active during "peak hours" when you want to use your internet for business or gaming, etc.

You can reduce the bandwidth use of the downloader to practically nothing, cryo-stasis levels of consumption, then when you're ready you can slide more priority in.

The downloader is now multi-transfer capable too. This will hopefully ensure that your transfer completes as soon as possible.

By transferring two or more files at once any gaps in the network transmission of one file will hopefully be filled in by another.

If there are any features you would like to see please speak up. I cannot guarantee we can put them in but I would like to hear them.