SkyMaxxPro Synchronization Problem

Blizzard

Hi,

I use X-Plane 10.25rc1 with a multi monitor setup via network. That means, I have 6 monitors associated with 6 PC's to create a semicircle of 180°, each monitor with a view cutout of 30°.

Some days before I purchased SkyMaxx Pro and installed it on three of my machines.

I started X-Plane 10.25 rc1 on each machine but there is no synchronized clouds etc. with Skymaxx Pro in relation to the server PC.
If I use the original X-Plane weather, clouds etc. it works fully synchronized on all of my machines.
My setting of SkyMaxx Pro I did all identical on each PC.
I know some problems with different X-Plane plugin software in relation to network synchronizing, but it is possible to programm it.

It would be very, very nice to solve this problem with synchronizing via network, because I like Skymaxx Pro very much, but it doesn't make so much fun in my home cockpit and finally I
would like to purchase a second copy for the rest of my machines.

Best regards

Rolf

Sounds like a pretty awesome setup, Rolf. 

I don't have an easy way to test this here, but I do know the underlying cloud engine used by SkyMaxx Pro is used all the time in professional multi-channel training simulators - and in principle, I know the line of code to add that should make the clouds line up in SkyMaxx Pro as well.

I will add that in for the SkyMaxx Pro 1.3 release for you, which we're already working on.

• Upvote 1

Hi Frank and John,

thank you very much for your very fast reply!

That's sounds realy very good. I'm looking foreward to the SkyMaxx Pro 1.3 release.

Congratulation to your phantastic software.

Yes, my multi monitor setup improved the simulator flight feeling enormously.

regards

Rolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

i installed version 1.3.1. Many thanks for implementing synchronization. I have tested yesterday about 1 to 2 hours, and found it fairly synchronous, but not perfect, meaning that height of the cloud layers and cloud density were similar on all 3 networked machines, but there were significant differences in the precise location and shape of clouds. However, i had played with the configuration sliders on the different machines, and i had the idea probably small differences in the settings may cause the observed inconsistencies. So today i copied the "settings.dat" file from my main machine to the two others to achieve exactly the same settings everywhere. I just had a short flight, about half an hour, and clouds where almost perfectly synchronous.

Looks like you made it;).

I''l test more and let you know if i encounter problems. Now that it seems to work, i'm considering to buy more licenses to install on my 2 remaining machines. For that, do i simply order once more, and you open up 3 more license slots on my account? Is that how it works?

Thanks

Joe