SilverLining Crashing My Flights

cruster

John's right - if you have a crash SMP might not save its settings. Normally it does however.

It's not a surprise at this point if you're encountering trouble on a Mac flying long-haul flights with overcast quality set to "low". My advice would be to set it to medium, quit X-Plane to make sure that new setting gets saved, and then leave it there.

Frank, I am setting overcast to medium and so far so good for the moment. But even without CTD my SMP settings are not saved if I shut down and restart my mac. they are saved if I just restart x-plane without restarting the mac.

Edited by vgmm009

Its a game of what variable is causing this right now..........What aircraft are you using?  And what other plugins are you running?  The reason I ask is to be able  replicate conditions that might cause this....

I ran it through a few shut downs with a few variables and everything was OK..........  If it isn't saving your settings there must be a variable I do not have on my MAC......

If the act of restarting somehow restores an earlier copy of our settings.dat file, it's more likely some operating system thing or backup program doing it I would think. X-Plane and SkyMaxx wouldn't even be running then. I'm not really enough of a Mac expert to speculate on what's going on there.

Oh im not blaming skymaxx, its just weird that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I took out all my plugins and then reinstalled skymaxx and it still didnt work. Then i placed my plugins back and it worked. Just this morning it did it agian saying silverlining has crashed.. Im posting here because i get the crash more frequently now . Back then, i would get a crash and all i have to do is to reinstall skymaxx. Now i have SM running on my sim and have already changed the setting to medium overcast. Hope that solves CTD. btw john thanks for letting me know about setting it to medium. Been hauling now for hours with no crash. Ill let you know if ever i get another crash. Hopefully not. Lol. Thanks! :)

Edited by nsolis8

Ah it almost sounds as if you had a missing file inside your plugin folder,  Gizmo is needed for SMP to run BTW......Just a shot in the dark.....

I hope the medium overcast works for you,  as you know we are working on tracking down these little nit noidy issues that keep up up at night......  ;) 

John i finally figured out whats conflicting for me. Its Xsquawkbox and silverlining i believe. If i take out squawkbox, the sim works. If i put it back in i get CTD saying silverlining crash again. Same goes for skymaxx. If i uninstall skymaxx, sim works fine. if i install it back in again sim crashes. I hope you can get it to be compatible with xsquawkbox. I just cant fly without offline. Im gonna have to give up the clouds for now. :( I hope there will be a solution in time. Thanks

I have to agree.  There does seem to be a compatibility issue with XSB.  I had 5 CTD today while on VATSIM thru XSB.  I'm currently making sure that I use "Med" for overcast quality to see if that prevents the CTD scenario.  One good flight so far.  I'll let you know if I can get 5 consecutive flights with this set up.

Nano

Delete your XSquawkBox resources folder, this is what caused the crash for me. I have now had a stable machine with both plugins for 3-4 months.

You will lose your preferences but after you have deleted the resources folder once you don't have to do it again. 

Ive been doing that ever since. But if i delete my resources do i leave it blank? because what i do, after i delete my resources folder i copy and paste a new one back. 

My last couple of flights crashed. Both crashes seem to point to SilverLining. I've attached my log.txt and the Apple crash report. It looks like there were 2 errors trying to download METAR.wrx before the crash. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Edit: Shoud have mentioned I had the overcast quality set to Low at the time. Didn't realize others on OSX were having the problem with the overcast layer set to Low. I've had it set that way for a long time with no issues. I also don't use XSB so that's not the issue I encountered.

SilverLining_crash.txt

Log.txt

Edited by xterminator24