Hands down The Best

The JetStream is hands down the best aircraft I have bought for X-plane 10. I hate to say it but it tops the T-34..... which I love.

The only issue i have, and It's a very very small issue (ok well maybe 2), Is the yoke has jetstream super 31 on it and the cabin is way to dark. Maybe add some reading lights to default on to give some ambent light at night.

I love this plane. :D

I wonder if I'll miss it on the JS 32....?

Ahh, the JS32 sorts the "pilots" from the SLF who like sitting up front!! ;)

No seriously, if you realy miss SID/STARS you can add a KLN-90B to the JS-32 and use the latest Navigraph FMS data (OK, so it's not a full 3d integration at the moment, but it's a clever little GPS). http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/topic/4220-solved-kln-90b-integration/#entry43515

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

Is this present in the real aircraft too? Or a simulation bug to be fixed?

As far as I know, on the "real JS-32", the right engine is Most Critical, so a bit of roll to the right should be expected on takeoff.

I expect one of the very helpful RW JS-32 pilots will be along in a minute to give you a proper explanation

:)

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

As far as I know, on the "real JS-32", the right engine is Most Critical, so a bit of roll to the right should be expected on takeoff.

I expect one of the very helpful RW JS-32 pilots will be along in a minute to give you a proper explanation

:)

cessna729.

The J32 does not have counter rotating props, so the right engine is the most critical just like any other piston twin engine.  The real aircraft does have a lot of roll and yaw (especially single engine), but with any sim compared to the real aircraft it's more pronounced in x-plane.

Every single Jetstream I've flown so far has none to very minor roll to the right at maximum torque. I've been told this is part X-Plane bug and part "feature" to make it more challenging. Difference of opinion, I don't find having to put in full left aileron trim for takeoff challenging. The autopilot was overwhelmed by it on a test flight a while ago as well, sending me belly up into a nosedive once it couldn't control the roll anymore...

Yes the right engine is critical, but you won't notice any significant roll or yaw unless you start getting into single engine situations as Cooley mentioned.

• Upvote 1

I think the uncommanded roll will keep you plenty busy.

X-Plane has a right roll effect present in a number of aircraft that needs some adjustment by Laminar. Nothing major, but also not 100% realistic and is overall sim related.

I have never had anything even close to the issues Intrance is speaking about, including in the many flights I have done this week. If this truly were a widespread issue this forum would be pounded with many complaining folks over and over. A lot of Jetstreams have been sold up to this point, and this isn't even something we get emails about!

X-Plane has a right roll effect present in a number of aircraft that needs some adjustment by Laminar. Nothing major, but also not 100% realistic and is overall sim related.

I have never had anything even close to the issues Intrance is speaking about, including in the many flights I have done this week. If this truly were a widespread issue this forum would be pounded with many complaining folks over and over. A lot of Jetstreams have been sold up to this point, and this isn't even something we get emails about!

The info about the general "roll issue" is interesting. Is it what Morton found out? Someone should from time to time post such infos on Avsim, before those guys always go round in circles over hot disuccued topics like this one ("aircraft roll"). ;)

In regards to the Jetstream and roll: I haven't had the time to fly the last 7+ days, but yes, if I already had solved another issue I have, I would have reported, too. It's massive. One has to trim aileron way beyond the third mark, wich doesn't look realistic at all, because that's already out of bounds of the indicator.

The info about the general "roll issue" is interesting. Is it what Morton found out? Someone should from time to time post such infos on Avsim, before those guys always go round in circles over hot disuccued topics like this one ("aircraft roll"). ;)

Rather than post here, why don't you ask him?

In regards to the Jetstream and roll: I haven't had the time to fly the last 7+ days, but yes, if I already had solved another issue I have, I would have reported, too. It's massive. One has to trim aileron way beyond the third mark, wich doesn't look realistic at all, because that's already out of bounds of the indicator.

I've read this over and again and can't make sense of what you are trying to say. If you're having trim issues it could be hardware related. I have no such issues (assuming this is what you're saying).

Hi,

I bought the J32 this week and really am enjoying it! Well done! :)

I've read this over and again and can't make sense of what you are trying to say. If you're having trim issues it could be hardware related. I have no such issues (assuming this is what you're saying).

I also am not having any issues with trim. For me she's tons of fun and flies like a dream! :)

Rather than post here, why don't you ask him?

I've been into that discussions on Avsim, that steels too much of my time.

Re: "Trim" -> I guess it depends on how one defines "issue". I might also just call it strange. Until the BAE the MU2 was the most curious thing in that regard. Tom refined it then to a point where it seemed (or "feels")  totally realistic and perfect. 

For the Jetstream Javier writes:

In take offs because both engines are CCW, it is always good to set the aileron trim tab 2 points to the left.

2 points to the left is not enough, not even in cruise flight. The plane is still fun. It's just confusing.

And I don't think it is hardware related. As a matter of fact only for the BAE and its funny locking feature I completely had to reset all my hardware stuff. And all that works just fine with any plane, including the Jetstream.

I've been into that discussions on Avsim, that steels too much of my time.

I agree with you there. That said, PM does exist without all the other chatter that gets infused into discussion. ;)

Re: "Trim" -> I guess it depends on how one defines "issue". I might also just call it strange. Until the BAE the MU2 was the most curious thing in that regard. Tom refined it then to a point where it seemed (or "feels")  totally realistic and perfect. 

Sorry, Markus, I'm having a hard time comprehending your words today. Perhaps lack of sleep, perhaps language barrier. Not sure what you mean by "curious", but that said, the MU-2 roll is indeed a realistic effect of the aircraft. So much so, that in real life it's often known to be a death machine for that very reason. Tom is pretty anal about the MU-2 (it's his favorite aircraft), and has quite a number of real flying hours in them as PIC. Given that alone, I take his word over anyone else's (even though stories about the real aircraft concur with Tom anyhow).

2 points to the left is not enough, not even in cruise flight. The plane is still fun. It's just confusing.

Definitely enough for me. No problems at all.

We agree on the MU2. Language barrier, "curious" for me meant "challenging, not usual, exciting…".

But the BAE still seems to do things different on different systems. I'm just seeking clarification. Like with the pressurization not working for me. I thought I knew how that stuff works, but that did not work in that plane, wich got myself totally confused to a point I look like a total newbie here (no issue with that, lol), back to a point where I am re-assured I basically know how to do it but still fail…

Same with trim: I don't get it how "2 points left" could be enough. Do you also use rudder trim? Rudder and aileron both 2 points left? (*)

(*) just trying in the air: approx. 1 point @ 30 torque, 2 @ 60, 3+ at 80/90+)

Edited by woweezowee