Falco F8L Startproblems in XP 10

esvanes

While I am waiting for an C90B update, I thought i should log some time in the Falco, but in XP 10 it's impossible to start.

Can not select fuel tank. The selector bounces back to off. The same goes for the ignition key, trying to set for both magnetos. Dragging the key all over to start the key will flip back and fourth engaging the start motor all the time, but the engine will not fire, prob. because fuel selector is off.

Is there maybe some script missing? It worked in XP9. I copied the Falco folder from XP9 to XP10. Maybe thats the problem, or is the plane incompatible with XP10.

Running Mac Pro (10.8.2)

:mellow: e

While I am waiting for an C90B update, I thought i should log some time in the Falco, but in XP 10 it's impossible to start.

Those symptoms means that the plugin is not running due to DRM.  The Falco has not been updated to 64 bit yet.  If you run X-Plane in 32-bit mode, I think that might work.  Please give that a try and let us know how it goes.  We are still actively working on the 64-bit version of Gizmo but it is almost ready to go.

Best,

Tom K

Edited by tkyler

Thanks for response, but I do not run in 64bit. I always start x-plane in 32 bit.

But where is his plugin supposed to be? I have deleted my XP9 folder, so if it sould be in resources/plugin I'm afraid its gone. I have 1 download left at X-aviation but my link expired in march so I can't download any more.

Regards

e.

The plugin is inside the Falco folder.  The license is tied to hardware so if you've changed hardware or operating systems, that would affect it.  Cameron knows more about it than I do.   If you have issues running it becasue of licensing, I'm sure Cameron can get you fixed up if you contact him.  We always want to keep you flying.  One thing though, he's out of country at a family wedding and not quite on his normal schedule.  Jet lag and other things have him checking in sporadically, but I know for sure he checks in every day. 

TomK

Thanks again for quick response.

I don't think it's a license issue. I have not changed hardware, but upgraded from Lion to mountain Lion. I guess I would get a license error message if license where screwed. But I'll contact Cameron as you suggest.

It may also be what Xenonkatze suggests.

Well then, back to the Baron. But thats ok. That plane works superb for me!

regards

e

Thanks e.

Hopefully I can get better maintenance in the near future.  We are reworking our workflow at Laminar and these efficiency methods will cascade down to my other work.  I think it will have a very good benefit for the purpose of updating and maintaining products more.  I'm moving a lot of my projects over to the new project format and when the dust settles and 64bit gizmo is stable and x-plane is stable at 10.20,  we can endeavor to get everything back up to speed.

TomK

The symptoms you describe are activation OR lack of plug-in related.

Please use the contact form on X-Aviation and request a download reset if you have not done so already. As our website indicates, support is limited compared to normal response time due to travel, but we are still processing requests and will be happy to assist you. I think a simple re-install of the aircraft with a fresh download will ultimately solve your problem.