JARdesigns a320

Ryan M.

Big deal, range issues. That probably isn't a highly noticable factor. 

When someone is paying a fair amount of money it should be marketed correctly. It would be like buying a 747-300 that is actual a -200. 

And the neo is not just range, the engines are a fair bit different so I would expect that it be marketed as an A320 w/ Sharklets.

• Upvote 2

When someone is paying a fair amount of money it should be marketed correctly. It would be like buying a 747-300 that is actual a -200. 

And the neo is not just range, the engines are a fair bit different so I would expect that it be marketed as an A320 w/ Sharklets.

Exactly, aren't the Leap X engines bigger?

I thought that the A320 Neo came with CFM's

The CFM-LEAP option is an update to the CFM56 series, while the second proposed engine is the PW1000G. I find it a little puzzling that a developer would tackle an airliner for which specifications, performance figures and handling data are either incomplete or unknown, but there you go.

• Upvote 3

But the devs are online and have already replied to other queries. So may be they will reply.

BTW, comparing the VC with Javier's planes for example, I think it is not the same quality.

Because I am an Airbus fanboy and can afford to buy what I want, I just did. But JARDesigns marketing does not reflect reality. Slightly pisses me off that I fell for one of the rushed out products pushed by Nicolas.

But the devs are online and have already replied to other queries. So may be they will reply.

BTW, comparing the VC with Javier's planes for example, I think it is not the same quality.

Because I am an Airbus fanboy and can afford to buy what I want, I just did. But JARDesigns marketing does not reflect reality. Slightly pisses me off that I fell for one of the rushed out products pushed by Nicolas.

I'm not a fan of 'heavy metal' really, much preferring turboprops (ATR, JS32, MU-2B, B1900, &c). I did look at that Airbus, but the screenshots of the cockpit looked to be "cartoonish", for lack of a better word. I'm not sure what to make of that. The cockpit in the MU-2B or JS32, for example, look "real" to me. I didn't get that same impression with the Airbus, though. Do you find that it lacks the same level of reality or immersion that the few I mentioned have? I know it's a judgment call, but...just curious if my initial impression from the screenies is way off the mark.

But its sold as a Airbus A320NEO and its  NOTNEO so it does not (or should not) have the Airbus A320NEO range.

Wow definite pass for me then.   I was wondering how they were modeling a plane that is not even out yet. I hope someday FSlabs would port their upcoming A320 from FSX to X-plane.  That would probably be our best chance at a top level bus.

Edited by mike10
  • Upvote 1

Yup a big bummer but "c'est la vie"...

True,  I am very new to X-plane and I love it so far and I feel that it is a far better sim and I am hoping 2013 is when we will see some top devs from the FSX start producing for x-plane.  How long can they seriously make planes for a nearly 10 year old sim. 

IXEG 737 looks awesome cant wait for that one

Hi,

I see a lot of comments on how the plane looks and what they did/did not to make documentation available... But can anyone say anything about system depth? I am not an expert, but to date I have never seen the like of the good old PSS Airbus series. Can this product be compared to that? Also, can you control it from external hardware, e.g. a home-cockpit?

Regards, and best wishes for all,

Edited by Hans Jansen

Tom Just wondering you say that HDR requires an DX11 capable card I was under the impression that Xplane only used OpenGL whats up

Sorry Larry, I just caught your post.   Yes, X-Plane uses GL, but also uses shader technology which is hardware driven and such shader technology is only present on "DX11 capable cards".   These cards support both DX and GL APIs, the shader technology is common to both though and saying "DX11" implies that card has the required tech.  That's a simplification, but the general gist of it.

Tom K.

Edited by tkyler