Activation for this product?

derek

Is this going to be another activation file? I hope not.

Yes, though not the type you personally are used to. Records show you only have the MU-2, which uses old tech activation. This one will utilize a different form that is automated and handles multiple instances of activation without having to seek out help.

Your right I only got the MU-2 Cameron, that’s because of the activation policy you have.

That's most certainly your perogative, Derek. Each person has their own opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours just the same! It's not for everybody and we understand that.

Enjoy your simming! :)

Lets hope it gets sold on the .org at some time.

Hi, Derek,

I'm not even about to get into such a silly argument with you.

This will be your first, last, and final warning to discontinue any and all intentional pokes here. Any further will result in an immediate ban.

Lets hope it gets sold on the .org at some time.

Derek. I think you are letting your past activation experience dictate your future experience with a different system, that is sounds like you have no experience with. I hate the current MU2 activation system myself, it's cumbersome and annoying but it was a necessary evil at the time. This experience is what led XA to develop it's current system. Even org products are pushing the use of SASL which now also has a DRM activation component....so you'd get no free ride there either...at least not for much longer.

I don't mind the concept of activation ....all the software I have nowadays uses it...I just don't want it getting in my way or invading my privacy and that's exactly what XA's new system does. It does it's job and pretty much stays out of your way. Run installer, enter user name and pass, get activated and "fly". It's nothing like the current MU2 system. If you're simply opposed to that idea of activation at all, then I don't really see any recourse. Most software in the future is heading towards some form of rights management...the org's products will too one day I suspect. All things being equal, I'd take X-Aviation's customer service (and lack of newsletter and forum spamming) over the org anyday.

Edited by tkyler