After XP update, no avionics

Is anybody home?

I updated yesterday, July 9, 2024 to the newest version of XP12.   Now, when I turn on the Batt switch, and start the APU and put it on its bus, no avionics come on.  All the screens stay black.  Well, that's a flight cancellation.  I really have zero idea how to troubleshoot this issue, so of course I wonder if the new update caused a conflict with the Challenger systems?  I would think this is a known issue since the airplane is now unflyable.  But it's always possible that I somehow caused it.  

Oh, and I also fly my long time airplane IRL, the Zibo 737-800.  It seems to work fine, no system problems evident.  This makes me think that a conflict specific to the 650 is involved here.

3 hours ago, arrowspace90 said:

Is anybody home?

A bit rude, but ok.

4 hours ago, arrowspace90 said:

I updated yesterday, July 9, 2024 to the newest version of XP12.   Now, when I turn on the Batt switch, and start the APU and put it on its bus, no avionics come on.  All the screens stay black

I can't confirm without the Log.txt from X-Plane, but 12.1.0 made the Zink plugin bridge the default, and V1.7 of the Challenger does not support this option. If you disable it then you'll be back to 12.0 behaviour.

15 hours ago, Pils said:

A bit rude, but ok.

I can't confirm without the Log.txt from X-Plane, but 12.1.0 made the Zink plugin bridge the default, and V1.7 of the Challenger does not support this option. If you disable it then you'll be back to 12.0 behaviour.

Ok, I wasn't trying to be rude, but I wasn't sure how active is this site.  I am surprised if, after the Beta period that I didn't participate in, no one noticed that the Challenger no longer worked?  It makes me wonder if I made a mistake with the updating.  However, my 737 still flies just fine.  I am no software coder, I suppose I could go into the XPlane program files and look for the Zink Plugin and then, what, delete it?  

I had heard that typically, XP is pretty good about letting developers know what is coming in a major update, in order to prevent exactly this kind of problem.  I am just a pilot who likes to fly the airplanes, so when glitches occur, it's difficult for me to guess where they're coming from.  Perhaps Mr Toto has moved on to new projects?

Posted (edited)

I found the Zink Plugin Bridge and unchecked the box.  Still no avionics whatsoever.  So the problem is elsewhere.  Strange that I never had this issue previously, only after I upgraded to 12.1.0 (or whatever this latest update is numbered.

EDIT!  Duh, it said to re-start X-Plane!   That DID fix it, and I appreciate the help guys.

Edited by arrowspace90

11 minutes ago, arrowspace90 said:

I found the Zink Plugin Bridge and unchecked the box.  Still no avionics whatsoever.  So the problem is elsewhere.  Strange that I never had this issue previously, only after I upgraded to 12.1.0 (or whatever this latest update is numbered.

Did you restart the sim afterwards? Please provide screenshot of Graphics settings and Log.txt from X-Plane, please. Thanks.

3 hours ago, arrowspace90 said:

I am surprised if, after the Beta period that I didn't participate in, no one noticed that the Challenger no longer worked?

The Zink incompatibility has been known for a long time, but the developer has chosen for next update of the Challenger to have an extended development and beta cycle, so there’s a lot of fixes that aren’t released to “the world” yet. If you’d like to join the Discord and get access to the beta then you’d be welcome!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, arrowspace90 said:

Thanks, I finally found it.  I didn't know that setting existed, much less what it does, prior to looking into this glitch.

Not your fault. It wasn’t really messaged/communicated that well by Laminar, to be honest.

Edited by Pils
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Pils said:

The Zink incompatibility has been known for a long time, but the developer has chosen for next update of the Challenger to have an extended development and beta cycle, so there’s a lot of fixes that aren’t released to “the world” yet. If you’d like to join the Discord and get access to the beta then you’d be welcome!

I would!  I really enjoy learning the Challenger.  Since I was never "trained" on it, I am still a rank amateur, but hey, it's a lot of fun and learning.

21 hours ago, Pils said:

Not your fault. It wasn’t really messaged/communicated that well by Laminar, to be honest.

Actually after seeing that there is a check-box I didn't know about, I see that it is not a terrible problem.  I just wasn't in the loop, so thank you.

21 hours ago, Pils said:

Did you restart the sim afterwards? Please provide screenshot of Graphics settings and Log.txt from X-Plane, please. Thanks.

As you may have seen, no I failed to read that though it was right in front of my face.  I did go back when it didn't work and see that it clearly stated, "restart"!

• 4 weeks later...