Purchase

• 4 weeks later...

Cameron

It would a great, professional, and very business like, if the main "Featured" thread on the forum was updated from the original misinformation, so that people were not confused, start new threads on the topic and like myself, become really frustrated at being mislead about the upgrade.  The upgrade info can be found from various sources, they all have to have the same information.

I copy and pasted that parts I refer too below...the parts you highlighted (I'm really not sure why you decided to make them a different colour) need corrected.

Cost

Back on February 7th, 2022, a little after Laminar Research announced X-Plane 12 was coming, we published on the IXEG 737 product page that purchasing customers would receive a free product update to the X-Plane 12 version. Per that statement, we are honoring this free update for customers who purchased the IXEG 737 on or after February 7th, 2022. For customers having purchased the IXEG 737 on or before February 6th, 2022, the upgrade will be a paid upgrade of $14.95 USD.

Why this pricing structure?

Our goal is to keep the upgrade pricing within reach of all customers at a fair price, and will ensure continued development of the IXEG 737 into the future. This all said, we also want to provide existing customers with additional value for the upgrade cost, above and beyond just the 'porting' work required to gain Version 12 compatibility. So in order to provide additional value, we decided to develop an all-new 3D cabin, working cabin doors and wing-flex to include in the update and gain momentum towards overhauling the 733 to modern 3D standards. This work has been ongoing for the previous months and is responsible for most of the development time by @tkyler thus far. We've included some pics / links of the interior work in progress below.

Regards

Edited by Iain

Hi @Iain,

I'm not showing that topic as featured. If you are, can you clarify where?

I'm also not seeing a ton of repeat posts being made about this upgrade since expiry aside from this topic itself. Are you seeing something I'm not?

Thanks for the clarification on your post!

As a side note, just prior to release of the product, full terms for the upgrade were posted:

• 1 month later...

The featured topic is one of the most active topics on page 1, where the information is incorrect.   It was posted on April 4th.  It is missing the new "special note" on pricing that is in the locked topic you refer to on page 3, which will never be visible on the main page as it's locked (due to people being pissed off I guess).  

As mentioned, the information has to clear and consistent across all announcements, which it is not.

https://i.imgur.com/2xjtHgn.jpg

Edited by Iain

9 hours ago, Iain said:

The featured topic is one of the most active topics on page 1, where the information is incorrect.   It was posted on April 4th.  It is missing the new "special note" on pricing that is in the locked topic you refer to on page 3, which will never be visible on the main page as it's locked (due to people being pissed off I guess).  

As mentioned, the information has to clear and consistent across all announcements, which it is not.

https://i.imgur.com/2xjtHgn.jpg

That icon means there's a featured post IN the topic, not that the topic is featured. You'll see the featured post within that topic when you open the topic.

Anyways, pretty much no one ever seems to message or have confusion about this at this point. It was in 2023.

I'm sorry you felt confused in the whole matter. We'll try to do better next time.

There was no confusion, the information was 100% clear and incorrect, there are plenty Flight Sim news websites out there, they have the same information which many people read. 

https://fsnews.eu/ixeg-details-737-x-plane-12-upgrade-pricing/

Customers who purchased the add-on on or after February 7th, 2022 will get the X-Plane 12 version free of charge.Customers who purchased the aircraft before February 7th, 2022 will get the upgrade for a small fee of $14.95 USD.The team said that they want to keep the upgrade pricing fair and within reach of every user and will ensure further development of the product in the future.

Edited by Iain

8 hours ago, 159.90 USD said:

There was no confusion, the information was 100% clear and incorrect, there are plenty Flight Sim news websites out there, they have the same information which many people read. 

https://fsnews.eu/ixeg-details-737-x-plane-12-upgrade-pricing/

Customers who purchased the add-on on or after February 7th, 2022 will get the X-Plane 12 version free of charge.Customers who purchased the aircraft before February 7th, 2022 will get the upgrade for a small fee of $14.95 USD.The team said that they want to keep the upgrade pricing fair and within reach of every user and will ensure further development of the product in the future.

Thanks for your feedback, Iain. It's been noted and understood. Like I've said before, we'll try to do better next time.