stutter every couple seconds

CaptainLHKLM

On 2/4/2024 at 10:47 AM, Ben Russell said:

It's both.

The bug/problem is most prevalent when your hardware is under heavy system load.

Hi Ben,

Is there anything we can do about the gizmo part, though? Whether I run XP on high or low settings, my machine (which I still consider good, with an i7 10700KF, RTX3080 and 32GB RAM) still produces the rhythmic stutter every couple seconds. I'm coincidentally on a brand new Windows install too with little to no clutter software, but I had the same issue in my previous install too. I'm not asking because I want to be a pain, but because I've never been able to fly the challenger and properly enjoy it. I'm more than happy to provide any logs or files from my part!

Best wishes,

Daniel

EDIT: Just to illustrate, I attached a screenshot with an output graph of the FPS. In this scenario, I left the aircraft stationary and did not move the camera.

CL650 - 2024-02-22 23.15.18.png

Edited by CaptainLHKLM

1 hour ago, Pils said:

Let’s not make assumptions here. How did you determine this was a Gizmo issue exactly?

Gizmo is very likely to be the cause. 

Early in the release we did some deep digging into the issue. 

There is code inside gizmo that calls sleep(0)... (the reasons for which is beyond the scope of this reply) 

Windows, at its discretion, can sleep for upto 16ms/whatever it needs to service the rest of the OS/apps. This can show up as dropped frames or massive perf chugs. 

There is a command line option for xplane to leave some cores alone so the os can service itself on those. It helps but the real solution is to fix gizmo.. 

I have been working on a gizmo update that is based on the three? Year old version that X-Aviation ships. 

It contains bug fixes for the most prominent issues (including this one) but is mostly an LTS update. It will also have Apple silicon support. 

I hope we can bring it to you all as an update soon. 

Edited by Ben Russell

3 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Gizmo is very likely to be the cause. 

Early in the release we did some deep digging into the issue. 

There is code inside gizmo that calls sleep(0)... (the reasons for which is beyond the scope of this reply) 

Windows, at its discretion, can sleep for upto 16ms/whatever it needs to service the rest of the OS/apps. This can show up as dropped frames or massive perf chugs. 

There is a command line option for xplane to leave some cores alone so the os can service itself on those. It helps but the real solution is to fix gizmo.. 

I have been working on a gizmo update that is based on the three? Year old version that X-Aviation ships. 

It contains bug fixes for the most prominent issues (including this one) but is mostly an LTS update. It will also have Apple silicon support. 

I hope we can bring it to you all as an update soon. 

Great to hear, thank you!