Project 3

Goran_M

I've been working on a new light logic using Gizmo and have implemented in a few places.  This is the latest work I have been experimenting with.  This was taken from behind the left wing with ambient light spilling out over the engine and wing from the cabin.

ExteriorWingLight.jpg

That looks amazing! I'm seriously pumped for this plane. She's so pretty.

I'm wondering if we could get some performance info when the info becomes available to get this added into FSEconomy. Could any of the developers give us this info when they can?

Number of seats (including the pilot's seat)

Empty weight (in kilograms)

Max takeoff weight (in kilograms)

Cruise speed (not max speed; indicate in knots per hour)

Fuel Consumption (Gallons per Hour)

Fuel burn in normal cruise flight

Fuel capacities (in gallons for each tank – left, center, right, aux, tip tanks, etc)

Thanks

I'm wondering if we could get some performance info when the info becomes available to get this added into FSEconomy. Could any of the developers give us this info when they can?

Number of seats (including the pilot's seat)

Empty weight (in kilograms)

Max takeoff weight (in kilograms)

Cruise speed (not max speed; indicate in knots per hour)

Fuel Consumption (Gallons per Hour)

Fuel burn in normal cruise flight

Fuel capacities (in gallons for each tank – left, center, right, aux, tip tanks, etc)

Thanks

I'll be including all specs in the manual. 

Unless an act of God happens, it WILL be released no later than Feb 28th.  If not, my wife will kneecap me and throw me in front of a train before throwing me into an active volcano.

What can I say, That's Love!

I surely hope this is on schedule, Goran. Getting mowed down by a train and then having your mangled corpse thrown into an active volcano is no way to go. ;D 6 days...

I surely hope this is on schedule, Goran. Getting mowed down by a train and then having your mangled corpse thrown into an active volcano is no way to go. ;D 6 days...

LOL.  The missus would still like to have me around. 

213am and I'm sitting here furiously typing away at this manual.  Occasionally I check the forums to see what's new.

The manual will be ready soon.  Coding is still being done, but only the little bits and pieces that take very little time.  Manipulators will get added on the weekend and the aircraft will be up by the 28th.

I would love to show screenshots but they would be nothing you haven't already seen and we haven't touched the visuals for a while.  Everything that has been done in the recent past has been code, manual and a few minor texture fixes. 

I would love to put together a video but I just haven't had the time to do so.

Not long to go.

Goran whatever you do, absolutely do not take the Saab 340 files with you to the train station. If you do then I will make sure that I throw you in front of a train. ;)

+1

If you die with the files, your death will share a funeral with the Saab as well. hehe

Well, I know what will be on my mind this weekend. Plus, I think I'll have a state test on the 28th, which means NO HOMEWORK!!!!!

Goran whatever you do, absolutely do not take the Saab 340 files with you to the train station. If you do then I will make sure that I throw you in front of a train. ;)

lol.  I might have to take them with me.  Save my life.

All this horrible talk about Goran dying on the artificial 'dead'line of the 28th! Stop it, thoughtless.

He can't die until the 747 is released!! ;D

Oh if anyones dying after the 747-400, its me! FMC code is at 5000 lines and maybe 20% of it done.

Oh dear. As ever, forgot about you Theo! And no one wants to stare at clay renders either...

Where are you in NZ, everything ok where u are? Sounds awful over there, seriously. Very expensive in all manners. You guys have a great sense of humor, I see that 'Beached As' team have already done an advert, it contains donation details:

My wife has already started asking for progress reports on the 747's. 

I already prepared her for that one and she understands what kind of project it is.

Re: Theo and the Earthquakes.  Theo lives in Christchurch.  About a good 10km from the CBD.  We got the reports on the earthquake about 5 minutes after the first one happened and I called Theo immediately.  His home phone line was out but his mobile was working.  He and his family are ok. 

I'll let him post whatever else he wants to post.

We are ok, but the death and tragedy is unbelievable. The general consensus was that people where wanting to sleep and wake up and it all be a dream. People being pulled out of rubble, People are saying the quake shook 2-3 times more than the initial. I think we all have survivors guilt. I was planning on taking a trip into town at about lunch time but over slept. I could possibly been dead if I had... I think everyone knows someone who died or at least knows someone who knows someone...

- My girlfriends uncle (The australian that died) was pinned down. He told the medical person, his wife's number. and he rung but when he came back, he had died (they believe in his sleep)... I'd met him and had dinner with him. Great guy really funny.

- One of my best friends mums, was crushed in her car by falling debris.

- One of my mother's ballet pupils was pulled from the wreckage and airlifted to Starship Hospital in Auckland. She was ironically in town for a doctors appointment. She has very little Brain activity. Don't know how long she'll last. She's about 8 I believe.

Its at 75 dead and there's still at least 300 people still buried with there status unknown. I'm sure as they find more, we will all find out that people we knew at some point in life have been killed.

Its just horrific. You see this sort of thing in 3rd world countries. Its not something you see in a domesticated city...

Thread hyjack over. Back to Saab

(Didn't know where else to put this and you asked so I thought here would be as good place as any)  ;)

Sorry for the hijack Theo, but who cares about protocol in these times. My thoughts to you and your community. Yes it looks like a nightmare, even on tv. I saw a car, with a metal roof totally crushing it, just don't want to think of anyone in it. And the agonizing wait for rescue, in very dangerous conditions.

[sarcasm]I love writing manipulator code, testing them and then re-writing the ones that don't work properly.  

Especially for about 250 switches, knobs and dials.[/sarcasm]    ;)

The time flies when there's techno music bouncing off my ear drums.  

183 done in about an hour.  67 to go.