Great plane, but uninstalled!

stevebiker

Since I don't know where to get rid of my frustration, I'm posting here! I've watched the 3 introductory videos up and down. But I already failed when closing the front flap of the landing gear again! I can move the switch under the small flap as much as I want, but the landing gear door won't close!
I can't call up the picture shown in the video with the hydraulic unit! No matter what I have tried for hours it does not work! The airplane can't be brought back to the original cold and dark state by restarting everything! And without at least a basic manual I can't get any further! I have uninstalled the, expensive, airplane again! My time is too precious to try like a blind man where the exit door is! I find Camerun's reasoning almost impertinent! How can you offer such a complex airplane without instructions? And if so, then there should be a note with the offer!
So, I had to get rid of that! Now I'm going flying. I'm not hoping for a refund, but I won't leave it unmentioned in my other forums.

So long, Stefan 

On 11/28/2023 at 5:59 AM, stevebiker said:

Since I don't know where to get rid of my frustration, I'm posting here!

Well, it's the right place to post when it comes to the Challenger.

I've watched the 3 introductory videos up and down. But I already failed when closing the front flap of the landing gear again! I can move the switch under the small flap as much as I want, but the landing gear door won't close!

It would help us to help you if you outlined the steps you did to achieve this.  Sometimes, a step or 2 can be missed, even when following an instructional video.

The airplane can't be brought back to the original cold and dark state by restarting everything!

There's a shutdown checklist.  But as a last resort, have you tried creating a new airframe?  

I have uninstalled the, expensive, airplane again!

Why?  You can leave it installed, and then come back to it.  There's no reason to uninstall.

My time is too precious to try like a blind man where the exit door is!

This is a hobby, Stefan.  Try to treat it as such.  Set aside a block of time where you can try to enjoy it.  If help is needed, we're a few keystrokes away.

How can you offer such a complex airplane without instructions? And if so, then there should be a note with the offer!

There are many videos that go over many different areas of this add on.  Particularly from Reflected Reality Simulations.  Very highly recommended.

And if so, then there should be a note with the offer!

The product page is very clear with regards to the complexity of this add on.  It's not a difficult add on to get into, but it is complex and extremely detailed.

If it's going to get you this frustrated or annoyed, I suggest you take a small break and come back.  There are many people willing to help you overcome any obstacles.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your answer. Well, without having read it yet, I have done pretty much as recommended. After sleeping on it for a night, I installed it again and watched an introductory video. In the meantime, I can create a new airplane, but I already manage to close the front flap. I'm getting familiar with it, but it will still take a lot of time.
However, I have a question in a new thread that I have not yet been able to solve.
Switching the MDF, for example, to get the hydraulic display shown in the introductory video.

57 minutes ago, stevebiker said:

I'm getting familiar with it, but it will still take a lot of time.

Hi Steve,

When you are happy with the state of the plane, save the state. You can even save a state after each step, and restart frome here.

If you start from a different airport, untick "Restore position and trajectory".

2023-11-29_12h53_29.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...