Unable to move Condition Levers in V2.1.0 (XP12)

manofmac

I have everything else configured but for the life of me I cannot get the condition levers to move.

After launching the aircraft with engines running I note from the manual that the props would be "on Lock"  The manual goes on to say that to aid in removing the locks, move the condition levers forward to increase RPM.  That is such easier read/said than done.

I'm obviously missing some here but have not been able to figure it out yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks

P

Maybe a misconfiguration with the Bravo.

Lever 1 and Lever 2 are set to Throttle 3 and 4.

Lever 3 and Lever 4 (the blue ones) are set to Prop 1 and Prop 2 - these are the Condition/Prop Levers in the Cockpit.

Lever 5 and Lever 6 (the red ones) are unused and set to None. In other Turbo Props, these are the Condition Levers. But not in the Mu-2.

See this Thread too.

6 hours ago, meierzwo said:

What's your Hardware Setup/Joystick Configuration?
You can't move the condition (Prop) Lever even not with the Mouse in the Cockpit?

Hardware setup is Saitek X52 with Throttle leer set to Prop 5, this works as planned.

Yes, you are correct, I cannot move the Condition Lever(s) even with the mouse in the cockpit.  The mouse cursor does not change a finger or rotated arrow.

3 hours ago, BrianKir said:

After I started the AC with engines on, the problem has disappeared, also when using it cold'n dark... A bit odd.

Looking forward flying her :wub:

As the Developer described in the Manual, after doing changes with Axis it is necessary to start a new Flight. All Joystick Axis will be scanned at at a new Flight so maybe some changes will not be recognize correctly until the new Flight.

10 hours ago, manofmac said:

Throttle 5 is what it is set to.  Got carried away with the typing.

Okay. But you should be able to move the Prop Levers in the Cockpit with the Mouse as described in the Manual. No other Bindings to Props anywhere?
If not, it's Time for the Developer to have a look on this.

Anyway. Only having a single Lever Setup for this Plane may not be the best choice with all its workload. It's okay with Jets or single Engine GA but if you fly Planes with more than one Engine and you have to fiddle around with Throttle, Prop and Condition Settings all the Time, its Time to think about a Throttle Quadrant with at least 3 Axis as a minimum like a Logitech Throttle Quadrant.

Edited by meierzwo

6 hours ago, meierzwo said:

As the Developer described in the Manual, after doing changes with Axis it is necessary to start a new Flight. All Joystick Axis will be scanned at at a new Flight so maybe some changes will not be recognize correctly until the new Flight.

Yeah, but the seventh restarts should change anything ;)

Happy it's working

10 hours ago, meierzwo said:

Okay. But you should be able to move the Prop Levers in the Cockpit

Maybe...if you have hardware connected (not necessarily assigned)  but also want to be able to use the mouse, then the pref "Manips with Hardware" should be checked.

image.png

Edited by tkyler

I now have a workaround for the immovable condition levers.

I assigned the Slider on the X52 throttle to control the condition levers.  I can now move them to their required position easily.

That said, it does not seem reasonable that the Condition levers will not respond to the mouse while everything else in the cockpit does. Throttle, Flaps, Parking Brake and numerous switches and knobs.

FYI, Manips with Hardware did the trick though.  Condition levers respond to the mouse with Manips with Hardware selected in the Prefs.

@meierzwoA Logitech Throttle Quadrant is out of the question. No budget for it.

Thanks to all who chipped in with suggestions to my problem.  Now all I have to do if figure out how to select NAV in the AutoPilot panel.  Back to the Manual

• 1 month later...

Bit of a tangent - given the condition levers only ever exist in EMER STOP, TAXI, MIN CRUISE and TAKE OFF LAND positions, I wanted to just map eight keyboard commands - but there's only commands for EMER STOP and TAXI, and for some reason I can only see them on the joystick screen, not the keyboard screen.

Could commands for the other two positions be added perhaps?

image.png.95cf3d6cda65ed9b5e5f534733cba47a.png