when the engine no. 2 speed reaches 20.2% N2, X-Plane crashes

Nima Razaghi

I've been flying with the IXEG and it's always been great.

I know the dev team is working on the bugs, but there is something very wrong with this x-plane 12 variant which I couldn't find in the forums.

during engine start on ground, when the engine no. 2 speed reaches 20.2% N2, X-Plane crashes. Tried it many times,

any idea how to fix this problem?

5 hours ago, nasaiss said:

I've attached the log, this issue happens 95% of flights, with either APU or Jet starter.

Log.txt 79.39 kB · 2 downloads

Sometimes you need to read your log. Y

This was first in plugind.

D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found. D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/win.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application. AviTab version 0.5.1 Loaded: D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AviTab/win_x64/AviTab.xpl (org.solhost.folko.avitab).

4 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Sometimes you need to read your log. Y

This was first in plugind.

D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found. D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/win.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application. AviTab version 0.5.1 Loaded: D:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/AviTab/win_x64/AviTab.xpl (org.solhost.folko.avitab).

I read, but didn't have a clue, thanks for your advice

35 minutes ago, nasaiss said:

I read, but didn't have a clue, thanks for your advice

Simply put. You cannot just copy all your xp11 plugins and scenerey into 12. Thats how things get broken. Secondly all you do is look for errors, it not that hard.

Missing,

broken

imcompatble

Error

Make sure you have latest ver of plugins.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Simply put. You cannot just copy all your xp11 plugins and scenerey into 12. Thats how things get broken. Secondly all you do is look for errors, it not that hard.

Missing,

broken

imcompatble

Error

Make sure you have latest ver of plugins.

I removed all plugins except ActiveskyXP, I had a flight normally and landed, as soon as I taxied in to gate X-plane crashed with no specific error in the log.

The second flight again N2 problem occurred during engine start. the log says:

0:08:09.079 G64: error: Run(gui): bake_ehsi: [string "IXEG_52.lua.ra1"]:1279: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'x' (a nil value)
0:08:09.173 G64:  core: Run: [OnError]

1751472037_Screenshot(152).png

Log.txt

14 minutes ago, nasaiss said:

The second flight again N2 problem occurred during engine start. the log says:

But why did you put the plugins back?

14 minutes ago, nasaiss said:

Log.txt 77.19 kB · 1 download

Still looks like an internal X-Plane crash. You should report this to Laminar Research regardless of the Gizmo error (and they'll probably tell you to remove plugins again anyway).

Edited by Pils

13 minutes ago, nasaiss said:

I removed all plugins except ActiveskyXP, I had a flight normally and landed, as soon as I taxied in to gate X-plane crashed with no specific error in the log.

If you want to keep trying to find the cause you should remove all plugins, and also disable Zink.

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

You still have a bunch of (potentially conflicting) plugins running in your installation - I am especially wary of the terrain radar plugin and the marginal ground traffic plugin.

ActiveSky and XPilot are also non-default plugins, they should work but you must make sure that you have the latest, XP12 compatible versions.

Last but not least - it could be that running Zink might cause problems with the OpenGL rendering functions we use, so it might be good to disable Zink, just to test this theory.

On 10/15/2023 at 10:27 PM, Pils said:

If you want to keep trying to find the cause you should remove all plugins, and also disable Zink.

Hello again,

I deleted all the plugins and disabled zink and had the same problem, I reinstalled the plane and again crashed both with/without zink and no plugin, again uninstalled x-plane and the plane together and a fresh install, the issue is still here, only 2 flights I could do without the crash, but mid flight sound disables and only weather and environment sounds are heard.

need to note that before x-plane crashes, sound becomes mute.

tried other aircrafts like ini A300, genral aviation, and zibo, but they're all ok.

the log I've attached now is no plugin, zink checked.

sound cart is updated,

graphic card is updated,

windows is updated.

GPU: AMD rx6800m

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900hx

RAM: 16 gb 

Log.txt

Do two more things for me, please:

First, remove all the scenery that has plugins (Marginal ground traffic) associated:

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels).

Second, try to run without any AI aircraft and also do not use ATC. Does it still crash then?

1 minute ago, Litjan said:

Do two more things for me, please:

First, remove all the scenery that has plugins (Marginal ground traffic) associated:

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.MUSCAT_OMSS_TAIMODELS_XP12).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.2_b_OMDB_Dubai_Taimodels).

Second, try to run without any AI aircraft and also do not use ATC. Does it still crash then?

I removed those sceneries with plugins (OOMS and OMDB), and it crashed.

and also I do not use AI aircraft, it's disabled.

and no atc is used at all

47 minutes ago, nasaiss said:

since other airplanes are working without any problem, I haven't contacted them yet

I understand, but the log gives no indication that any of the plugins run by the IXEG 733 are at fault, which is usually an indication of a deeper simulator or PC issue, and that's not something anyone but LR can solve. I hope @Litjan will be able to come up with a workaround in the mean time, because I am out of ideas.

• Like 1

Hmm, ok - I don´t know what the problem is, then :(

I think Pils is right, since there is an entry in your log.txt that X-Plane detected the crash

--=={This application has crashed!}==--
--=={FILE: D:\X-Plane 12\Log_ATC.txt}==--

there is a good chance that Laminar Research can figure this out.

• Like 1

I have contacted Laminar and they are investigating the issue.

I found out something which may help to figure this issue out!

This crash happens whenever the cockpit side windows are open during engine start! 

I liked to hear the sound of engines when lighting them up:D

I started the engines with side windows closed and everything was ok till I landed.

side window L2 affects the engine no. 1 and side window R2 affects the engine no. 2 whenever the engine reaches 20.2% of N2.

first it mutes and then crashes.

• Like 1

Well, Laminar is wrong, because the add-on developers themselves have no clue why your X-Plane crashes at 20.2% N1 :o.

There are a myriad of possible reasons in operating systems and hardware, we used the OpenAL engine for our sounds to our best ability but I think there is nothing we can do right now to fix this for you...except ask you to keep your window closed during engine start and maybe wait for us to move to FMOD sounds, it is planned for the future!

• Like 1