VR Issues

NinjaCanOpener

I have two VR issues specific to the IXEG 733 currently. One has a workaround but the other is critical.

1) When move my head the IXEG pop-in menu will randomly appear briefly right in front of my eyes. It seems to be related to where the mouse cursor is in the cockpit. If the mouse cursor is within view then it doesn't appear. If the mouse cursor is moved out of view or to the window so it appears at a distance then the menu will appear almost as soon as I start turning my head. I can disable the menu pop-in from the menu preferences as a workaround.

2) If I switch out of VR to 2D mode and then switch back into VR it crashes. Every time. On a typical flight I will be in VR up to cruise then I will typically switch to 2D mode for a while before switching back into VR at TOD so this bug makes the plane pretty unusable for me. Looking at the log file there are *many* VK_ERROR_OUT_OF_DEVICE_MEMORY errors prior to the crash when I switch back to VR. 

11 hours ago, NinjaCanOpener said:

I can disable the menu pop-in from the menu preferences as a workaround.

This isn't a workaround, its the very reason for that preference's existence. 

I discuss that in this link  in the "new gui interface" section.

As to your crash, I can't speak to that.  VR is a bit of a black box to us devs,  and I can't make heads or tales of that message.  Might be one worth reporting to Laminar

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hmm - can you post the log.txt from your X-Plane main folder after it crashed?

Thanks!

I followed your advice in a recent post and disabled all plugins apart from Gizmo and admin and, apart from one crash, things have definitely improved. I am currently in the process of adding plugins back in. I suspect it's Lua but I don't actually have any Lua scripts enabled and running out of device memory on a 4090 is a bit of worry! I'll attach a log once it crashes again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tkyler said:

This isn't a workaround, its the very reason for that preference's existence. 

I discuss that in this link  in the "new gui interface" section.

As to your crash, I can't speak to that.  VR is a bit of a black box to us devs,  and I can't make heads or tales of that message.  Might be one worth reporting to Laminar

Thanks - I hadn't seen that link so that's useful info to know. Re. crashing, see above. I will post the log.txt when I know what combo is causing it.

• Like 1