DA40NG Apple Silicon Native?

peakfinder

1 hour ago, peakfinder said:

Is there a time frame on the horizon for a full (non-beta Gizmo release? I'll wait for that as the frame rates are much better running native than Rosetta.

Thanks for your reply.

While we don’t have a specific timeframe to share at the moment, I can assure you that support for ARM is actively in the works. We appreciate your patience and look forward to bringing you this update in the near future. :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 6:38 AM, Cameron said:

While we don’t have a specific timeframe to share at the moment, I can assure you that support for ARM is actively in the works. We appreciate your patience and look forward to bringing you this update in the near future. :)

I found some alpha/beta ARM64 Gizmo that split the activation and avionics from a year ago. That splitting is a very nice idea, but the problem I had with it is that it changed the X-Aviation folder that contains some data and licence and then when I wanted to fly the IXEG, which only supports Intel so has to be run via Rosetta, this new Gizmo didn't work in the Rosetta mode and putting back the old Gizmo plugin didn't work with IXEG anymore probably due to the changes in the file structure. Please please make sure it works in both cases (Rosetta and native) and doesn't need the user to completely reinstall things.