X-Plane at FSExpo `23

I tried to catch as much coverage as I could on Youtube. I watched with bated breath for anything to do with X-Plane. There wasn't a lot said. Some of the post-event comments I heard alluded to Laminar Research having a smaller foot print then they thought it should have had. Also the area didn't seem to be as inviting. Finally, Austin was noticeably missed. It was great to hear that Austin lights up a room, so he should have been there. You have any thoughts on the event, specifically or in general?

I was not there this year, but @tkyler was. I would say the presence booth wise from what I saw in pics and heard has been at the very least normal if not a little more. Laminar flew in people from across seas. Austin really had no need to be there this year with no new things coming down the pipe.

30 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Austin really had no need to be there this year with no new things coming down the pipe.

Nevertheless, he was missed (albeit, I wasn't there either). No new things coming down the pipe presents lost opportunity. While there may not have been any new product announcements, I believe there is something in the X-Plane eco-system that can generate buzz. Take a page from Tom; there's already buzz growing around the 717. Just read a blurb at one the flight-sim news outlets on it.

The flight sim environment is changing, has changed, at least for the consumer side. As much as devs want to avoid the vaporware and lateware  traps,I believe marketing is becoming more and more important. I don't know how many folk are like me, but I want to hear about my horse and all the things my horse need and want, cause in the end, I'm betting on him.

Moving on... I've been a subscriber to FF for years. With what Navigraph announced, I think i might be able to soon save $100.00. Hope so. Thanks Navigraph.

Edited by VirtualGAaviator
clarity