DA40NG QUESTIONS

Aglos

Hi Aglos,

Regarding SVS, it does not. We may add it in the future, but right now that system isn't the most stable for X-Plane 12.

Regarding Maintenance, that is not featured but mainly due to the differences between the SR22. SR22s are common for owner-operator situations, as such maintenance is a huge part of the ownership experience. With the DA40NG, this aircraft is more designed to mimic the typical experience found with that aircraft -- rentals and flight training. We focused on the components that are most relevant for those situations.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Coop said:

Hi Aglos,

Regarding SVS, it does not. We may add it in the future, but right now that system isn't the most stable for X-Plane 12.

Regarding Maintenance, that is not featured but mainly due to the differences between the SR22. SR22s are common for owner-operator situations, as such maintenance is a huge part of the ownership experience. With the DA40NG, this aircraft is more designed to mimic the typical experience found with that aircraft -- rentals and flight training. We focused on the components that are most relevant for those situations.

Ok I understand thank you for your quick response, I always like the idea that if I do things wrong there can be consequences, that's why I like the maintenance modules.

3 hours ago, Coop said:

Right now X-Aviation activation with Gizmo requires Rosetta mode.

I think, not only the activation requires Rosetta, also the plugins included with the aircraft itself require Rosetta, and that’s the bigger problem. If i only had to activate Rosetta while activating the plane an could fly after that without it, that would be nice. Because Rosetta costs about 10-15 fps on my side!

Are there plans to release a Apple Silicon compatible version of the aircraft and if yes, what’s the planned release date?

On 6/14/2023 at 6:18 PM, Claus87 said:

Hi @Coop,

Could you please specify a bit more the additions to the default G1000? Are for instance checklists included as in the SR22? Is there a dedicated engine page?

Thanks

Best, Claus

Unfortunately none of these is currently available in the DA40 :(

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 6/14/2023 at 9:59 PM, Cameron said:

It's in the works, and we'll definitely let you know when it happens!

Are there any news on this? It's quite a year since you mentioned the native Apple Silicon Support is "in the works". Almost all other manufacturers of airplanes for X-Plane now support Apple Silicon natively. :mellow:

2 hours ago, DHF said:

Are there any news on this? It's quite a year since you mentioned the native Apple Silicon Support is "in the works". Almost all other manufacturers of airplanes for X-Plane now support Apple Silicon natively. :mellow:

Nope, you haven't missed any news yet!