X-plane 12

Rick310

9 hours ago, Rick310 said:

@mjrhealth You sure have a strong opinion. What do you know about flying? How many flight hours do you have? What type of aircraft do you fly? And do fly on a network with live ATC?

My stats are listed below. I do fly on a network with live ATC (IVAO) and fly all small turboprop and prop planes. I fly mostly VFR unless the weather does not permit, then I fly IFR.

Wait, do you know what VFR and IFR means?

Just want to know more about a person with an opinion. Thats all.

Knowledge is power.

What has any of that got to do with anything. I dont know what it is that you seem to be so angry about. This isnt about flight simming is it???. Surprised this conversation still going.

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

This isnt about flight simming is it???

Flying isnt about flight simming? What is flight simulation? Simulating flying an aircraft. X-plane 12 is a flight simulator. 

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

What has any of that got to do with anything.

This is about your knowledge about flying an aircraft as real as it gets. What?? You own x-plane 12 and you do not use it?

I am not angry. I am asking about your flying experience in x-plane 12. Why can't you just answer the questions above?

X-plane 12 is going to be a great simulator some day. IMO.

39 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

Flying isnt about flight simming? What is flight simulation? Simulating flying an aircraft. X-plane 12 is a flight simulator. 

This is about your knowledge about flying an aircraft as real as it gets. What?? You own x-plane 12 and you do not use it?

I am not angry. I am asking about your flying experience in x-plane 12. Why can't you just answer the questions above?

X-plane 12 is going to be a great simulator some day. IMO.

Xplane 12 already is, but than you see, in a court, the lawyers for the defense like to discredit the witness, better than loosing the case. And since I am not in a court of law I dont need to defend myself. I wouldnt be here if I wasnt flying it, updating airports, doing beta testing for developers etc etc.

FS9 FSX Xplane 9 10 11 and 12.

Have a good day.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Rick310 said:

I was pushing you to learn.

I have no idea what made you think I knew nothing, or wasnt learning, and the comments you made certainly did not lean to what you stated. And if you read my post, you would of seeing ive being doing this for a long time.

I guess people are to busy fling and enjoying XPLAne whatever VER they fly or any other flightsim to post. Wonder what will be seeing and or announced this weekend.

Edited by mjrhealth

6 hours ago, Rick310 said:

Go to AVSIM.com and tell those people how great X-plane 12 is and see what they say. 

AVSIM is a pothole of self entitled assh..., er... "geniuses"...

X-Plane was always there, the unwelcomed child of flight sim, so is not a representative place of the community's sentiment about X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, airfighter said:

X-Plane was always there, the unwelcomed child of flight sim, so is not a representative place of the community's sentiment about X-Plane.

Thats why I left, it all sinks into the potty hole soon as you say anything good about xplane. Love XP12 cant wait to see what 0.06 brings in terms of performance , and ATC updates

6 hours ago, airfighter said:

Ok, then tell me who mSparks is? He talks like he is a Developer of something. Or just full sh@#?

I agree, they hate x-plane and love MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, Rick310 said:

Ok, then tell me who mSparks is? He talks like he is a Developer of something. Or just full sh@#?

Depending on the day, sometimes all of the above. :)

He just likes to aggravate people. Debating/Gaslighting is a hobby of his it seems.

He's a programmer of some third party freeware projects, but the significance about stops there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So flying in xplane.

Was doing some fuel testing for the 560xl. Nice plane for first attempt, but I think many would have preferred the default FMS than a GPS.

Any way this was a few weeks ago. Flew YBBN Brisbane to YBCS Cairns. Could only go to 25000, winds where 105kts on the nose higher got worse really extended my flight time, lower didnt make it much better, bit of a compromise. After few days later flew YBCS to YSSY Sydney, 39000, winds where 90 kts from a tad S of E so wasnt too bad, longer distance but fuel burn abt same due to previous winds.

A few days ago while working on FACT Capetown, I spawned to do some checks, spawned into a massive thunder storm and never seeing rain so heavy in xplane. Checking on you tube later I found out they where having floods. Certainly XP weather massive improvement.

Cant wait  to see what 0.06 brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

So flying in xplane.

I enjoy reading both your blog and @Rick310's blog. I gotta say, you're lucky that those downdrafts and windshear associated with cumulonimbus clouds didn't break the wings off that Citation jet. 

Keep up the shenanigans guys - not always 'blue skies' right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

I enjoy reading both your blog and @Rick310's blog. I gotta say, you're lucky that those downdrafts and windshear associated with cumulonimbus clouds didn't break the wings off that Citation jet. 

Keep up the shenanigans guys - not always 'blue skies' right?

Dont really blog, as you put it. Usually just trying to help others even if I get it wrong. XP12 has come so far, but hard to write anything good about it without some one trampling on it. Has some issues, mainly performance, VC gets a bit messed up when going from day to night and probably other way round, but other wise, really is huge leap over 11. Just need that little efficiency improvement to keep the FPS above 25, for the online flyers.

Must get those last few hangers sorted in FACT so I can upload before next update.

Nevertheless, I found a 105kt direct headwind at FL250 that extended your flight interesting. Can't really say why, 'cause it's what you'd expect, right? Some have complained about the power on the 560XL; you should certainly be able to climb above 250 in that aircraft. I've flown it a few times and posted a video on one of my flights. The dev was unhappy about my comment that I thought the aircraft was a bit overpriced (I think $45US is fair). Nevertheless, he said he'd address some of the things I pointed out in the video, but wasn't really interested in streamlining the POH. I haven't checked lately to see if he's released any updates.

I told him that for his first payware aircraft he did an incredible job. I expect his next release to be awesome.

@VirtualGAaviator

Yes very good for first go the 560. Wish he'd just get over the realistic bit, maybe 90%,

It was underpowered for 12, but he addressed that, fuel flow was too high, which is why i did so much flying, he's now got more realistic numbers. Getting involved gave me in site into plane maker, so discovered he'd left out the engine bypass ratio, Fixed that. Its now far to overpowered on take off, like way past teh plane maker spec,  but that appears to be an xplane issue. Climbs well id suspect pretty close to spec. Also had issue with negative fuel flow on start up, that is addressed, than there was radio operation, couldnt monitor com 2 while com 1 was selected, even with com 2 speaker selected,  thats hopefully being fixed in his final, had to do a dot point to explain. Mentioned doing teh Avitab interface for chocks etc, but kept going on about realism, so you cant remove chocks they disappear on start up, but they may go when staring APU must check that, otherwise you cant push back. Needs to be pressed on the Avitab thingy. Do like the GPU and having to connect battery bit.

Also would have preferred the default FMS than a GPS but I think that might be too much for a first run. I think would get more buyers if it did.

Flies well. Now waiting on final update.

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Personally, I was only impressed with Carenado's aircraft when I first started (back) simming with XP in 2017. Didn't take me long to figure out that most of their aircraft was light on systems modeling. However, the texture modeling is what sold me. If Carenado want to avoid XP, I say, "good rid...".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vrendtop said:

Personally, I was only impressed with Carenado's aircraft when I first started (back) simming with XP in 2017. Didn't take me long to figure out that most of their aircraft was light on systems modeling. However, the texture modeling is what sold me. If Carenado want to avoid XP, I say, "good rid...".

Agreed. My story is quite similar. In 2017, when I started X-Plane I, too, was impressed with Carenado's aircraft. Then I learned how light on systems it was. I abandoned Carenado's PC-12 and started flying STMA's PC-12, which looked more like an XP10 version. Nevertheless, STMA's systems went a lot deeper and worked closer to the real aircraft, despite the antiquated textures. Back in 2020, I did a comparison of the two aircraft which highlights how lacking the Carenado version is.