What FSX People thinks about X-Plane 10 ..

Hueyman

Flight Simulator Network has a doozy of a thread, I tried, but not being a RL pilot, I'm not pursuing it any more. The guy brings up a 4 year old 'paper'?? I feel a certain dread when I land the 747, never get that feeling in fsx. There you'll see another quick vid I did of that cool Shuttle situation! I think he was slightly impressed, got that much out of him.

James,

I too have totally moved to XPlane starting with V8.

I own most all of Orbx's scenery and most of A2A's aircraft, but I found flying in FSX is like flying a brick.

The only reason I stayed with FSX for as long as I did was for the eye-candy.

About a year ago I posted on the FTX forums asking if they were going to do any scenery for XPlane, the answer was "we are a FSX ONLY developer", I saw recently someone else also ask this question and the thread was locked shortly after and then removed. I find it funny that most people are looking for realistic flight, but they aren't willing to give XP a real try, the don't like the GUI so they stop. I think for most FSX people it's all about the eye-candy.

Anyway, I feel your pain trying to convince someone that XP is GOOD, and with XPX I feel it's better.

Looking forward to my disks getting here so I can really enjoy the efforts of Laminar!

ed

flying in FSX is like flying a brick.

This is exactly what I found, when I bought FSX about 3 months ago, just before all the XPX pictures were being released. Again, I wanted to see the eye-candy. It's good, but nothing that I don't see coming for XP in the near future. As for Orbx, they haven't "seen the light" like AeroSoft and Carenado.

Edited by karingka

Yes

Xflyboy : I did the same a while ago on Aerosoft forums, when they developped their Huey X, I asked if they would ever considering doing stuff or even that helicopter, they simply deleted my account ;-)

And some months after, they announce that they are 100 % with XP10, plan to convert their FSX scenery and some aicraft..

What the Hell with those Flying Shit X guys ?!! :angry:

A FSX user posted on A2A forums :

"

I was looking at this one, which Hueyman posted, and it does look impressive:

From what i can see here it looks every bit as good as the PMDG stuff. If this is possible then may be it means the developer behind X-Plane's Comet just is unable to program at a sufficiently high level. "

This is what WE WANT to hear !! :-)

A FSX user posted on A2A forums :

"

I was looking at this one, which Hueyman posted, and it does look impressive:

From what i can see here it looks every bit as good as the PMDG stuff. If this is possible then may be it means the developer behind X-Plane's Comet just is unable to program at a sufficiently high level. "

This is what WE WANT to hear !! :-)

We want to hear FSX users saying guymp is unable to program? This is pathetic, as usual taking a shot at someone who probably isn't even a forum user there...

As far as I can tell the Comet will be damned realistic, but of course it won't have all the modern gizmos these PDMG morons are used to so they call it crap. It's called the 1950's, when vacuum tubes were king and LCD screens were a pipe dream.

I love how the guys from A2A could definitively say that X-Plane is not what they are looking for from a 10 minute demo...

I also love how guys say PDMG, et el, are able to easily work within the framework of FSX to create "realistic" systems, flight dynamics, procedures, etc, when PDMG and others openly admit to hacking the FSX code just so they can get it to do what they want it to...

Of course there is A2A saying default FSX is more useful than X-Plane, but look at what A2A uses, Accusim. What is that? Well it is an external program that modifies the code and behaviour of FSX to make it do what they want it to... So much for default FSX and it's amazing systems and performance modelling when no one actually uses it!

LOL ! I totally agree !

I want people come into X-Plane world cause it's the only way for us to have more and more incredible stuff, a very high quality aicraft for each type ( FSX have so many adds on that they usually have several version of the same ACF, all graphically better than the other .. ) while us, we have only few high quality adds on we can count on hand's fingers..

It's pretty sad to me that company's like Orbx, PDMG & A2A aren't even willing to look at XP a little deeper. But it's their loss!

What I find really crazy is that people are willing to purchase their products for FSX and now that Prepared3D is born (from FSX ESP), these same companies are offering their product for a reduced fee if you already own the product to fly in P3d.

So, lets look at what has happened.

Say you purchased all of Obx's stuff, now for another $8 (per product) you can use it in P3D, however you need to have FSX loaded with the products you own for "Cross-Licencing". Then you add another $500 one-time fee or $10 month to fly P3d.

So you paid for 2 versions of FSX and spent X-amount more on stuff you already purchased.

No wonder these developers won't come over, their making to much money.

But they all want to bash XP, but someday down the road, XP will be the premier Fight-Sim, after MSFS pulls their "promising stuff" again.

I also noticed not to many FSX users are bashing "Flight", and all they have shown is a few short screens & video's.

For ME XP is MY sim of choice, great community and great developers.

ed

Edited by Xflyboy

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27294&p=208581#p208581

their last answer :

" It's called time management. Developer need to spend a lot of time for transition from one platform to another. Depends on the available tools and documentations, this can take weeks (for example going from FS9 to FSX) or months (FS to X-Plane). Now, does the new platform actually give any advantages, are there any benefits of jumping ship ?

In case of going from FSX to X-Plane, at this day, still there are none. The X-plane community is smaller, and all of the current customers will either be abandoned, forced to also switch to new platform, or will suffer consequences of parallel development for two platforms at once. X-Plane, as was stated before, doesn't support anything developer like A2A is doing - so it would be more work for them to incorporate Accu-Sim into new platform.

You chose the wrong place to preach about the savior of all simmers icon_wink.gif "

Why people are so strong minded about a thing, and never consider changing their thoughts ? If X-Plane is still small it's due to all those bad gossips..

James,

Don't waste your time on the A2A forums, most of those guys will never change.

I have noticed a few of the guys I've seen over the past few years on the Orbx's forums who really are excited with XP10.

Like I have done, when they are ready to take a good hard look at XP they will, and a few will not go back.

FYI: I have noticed Holger has been trolling around in the XP forums on Avsim, wonder if he d/l the demo.

Edited by Xflyboy

yes.. but FS suffers a lot from pirating.. Pirated files for XP are really rare.

XP stuff is pirated. That's how I got into xp, long before the days of file-sharing and when I didn't feel xp warranted the cost but google happily led me to a happy-to-give-it-away site.

Yes pirating may be rarer than FSX, but I'll bet it's still a lot.

The downside is the more high-spec it gets (and worth more value to the £ or $) the higher-value a saving it is to those who won't pay.

But that's beside the point, if xp10 is good enough the fsx guys will come over, eventually.

My point is, they'll have to. Once they upgrade their pc's, and because fsx is single-pc only they'll have to buy another copy to continue.

While it's easy to get the basic fsx, it's not so easy to get hold of either the acceleration pack or fsx gold. And when stocks absolutely

dry up, well, you know where they'll be headin'.

Er, xp10 or Flightgear.....um.......er

Edited by Nicola_M