Weather radar

F1le

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, one more request. I feel it's time to start working on the weather radar and stop placing blame on someone else. It is quite frustrating approaching weather and can not see the danger. I not not fly in RED zones. I would rather hold until it clears up.  Flying into a RED area on approach is not fun when the CAS fills with YELLOW. For the cost of the Challenger 650 and all the system functions, why can't this weather radar be addressed. X-plane 12 has improved the weather and this business jet is VFR only?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, N53E said:

I feel it's time to start working on the weather radar and stop placing blame on someone else....

...For the cost of the Challenger 650 and all the system functions, why can't this weather radar be addressed. X-plane 12 has improved the weather and this business jet is VFR only?

I completely understand your frustration with the lack of weather radar functionality in the Challenger 650, especially considering the significance of weather navigation in real-world flying. However, I must clarify a misconception regarding the situation.

The absence of weather radar is not due to any negligence or unwillingness on our part. Rather, it is a technical limitation tied to the way X-Plane interprets and represents weather within the simulator. While Laminar Research has indeed made commendable improvements to weather depiction in X-Plane 12, they have not yet provided a way for plugins or aircraft to accurately identify the specific cloud patterns, storm cells, or their exact locations within the simulated environment.

This is more than a minor obstacle; it renders what you're asking for technically unfeasible at this time. Even if we were to access real weather data, it would not correlate with Laminar's approximated in-sim depiction, leading to potentially inaccurate and misleading information.

Please know that we share your eagerness for this feature, and our hands are literally tied until Laminar extends the necessary support in their API. We remain committed to enhancing our products and are hopeful for future developments that may allow us to provide the weather radar functionality you desire.

I hope this sheds light on the complexity of the situation, and we sincerely appreciate your understanding.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cameron said:

I completely understand your frustration with the lack of weather radar functionality in the Challenger 650, especially considering the significance of weather navigation in real-world flying. However, I must clarify a misconception regarding the situation.

The absence of weather radar is not due to any negligence or unwillingness on our part. Rather, it is a technical limitation tied to the way X-Plane interprets and represents weather within the simulator. While Laminar Research has indeed made commendable improvements to weather depiction in X-Plane 12, they have not yet provided a way for plugins or aircraft to accurately identify the specific cloud patterns, storm cells, or their exact locations within the simulated environment.

This is more than a minor obstacle; it renders what you're asking for technically unfeasible at this time. Even if we were to access real weather data, it would not correlate with Laminar's approximated in-sim depiction, leading to potentially inaccurate and misleading information.

Please know that we share your eagerness for this feature, and our hands are literally tied until Laminar extends the necessary support in their API. We remain committed to enhancing our products and are hopeful for future developments that may allow us to provide the weather radar functionality you desire.

I hope this sheds light on the complexity of the situation, and we sincerely appreciate your understanding.

Thank You Cameron, for this response. This does clear up the confusion. I want you to know I appreciate all that you do for everyone.

Hello! Please don't hit me! :)) would you like to know how things are going with the radar? Is Hello! Please don't hit me! :)) would you like to know how things are going with the radar? Is there any good news? We really need a radar, at least like tillis or zibo!there any good news? We really need a radar, at least like tillis or zibo!

35 minutes ago, Alex82 said:

Hello! Please don't hit me! :)) would you like to know how things are going with the radar? Is Hello! Please don't hit me! :)) would you like to know how things are going with the radar? Is there any good news? We really need a radar, at least like tillis or zibo!there any good news? We really need a radar, at least like tillis or zibo!

Kindly take a moment to review the previous posts in the thread before asking questions. The answer to your query was addressed in my most recent post. It’s essential to read through existing content to keep the discussion streamlined and productive.

Thanks for understanding,

• Like 1