RSG G500 Blank Popout Window On XP 11

TallTanBarbie

Hello, I've been using the G500 for a while without any problems until recently -- I'm now getting a "blank" black window.

I'm not trying to integrate it into an existing aircraft.  I just use it as a popout.

Not only that, but I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and even trying to run it on XP12, but I still get a black window -- either with or without the bezel.

The bezel shows up, but the graphics / map window is still blank black.

Any Suggestions?

To make sure it isn't something specific with your system, does the G500 and popups work in the C172 G500 that is installed by default? 

If it is, for the aircraft where you installed it to, we look at the dataref specified in g500.cfg for determining the power state of the G500. The default is:

"power_dataref = sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on"

11 hours ago, Coop said:

To make sure it isn't something specific with your system, does the G500 and popups work in the C172 G500 that is installed by default? 

If it is, for the aircraft where you installed it to, we look at the dataref specified in g500.cfg for determining the power state of the G500. The default is:

"power_dataref = sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on"

Hi, that line is in the g500.cfg file for your 172, but it's still not working on that aircraft or any other aircraft.

The bezel shows, but the PFD/MFD screens are just blank.

Edited by TallTanBarbie

It was the license window not showing up again.

The X-Aviation license window only shows up on a single X-Plane screen in *windowed* mode.

I thought this had been fixed since XP12, but that was my mistake.

It (the G500) is working now in XP11 and XP12.

TerraMaxx works too with the FSRealWX weather app letting it know what season it is -- I have X-Codr's Winterizer snow terrain textures installed.

Good thing I double-checked.

Edited by TallTanBarbie