[SOLVED] CL650 Installation Issue

Mandretti

I've just installed this product and trying to run it for the first time.  I'm getting the error message about the sound bank problem, and when the aircraft spawns the FOB is sitting on top of the AC with no roof, and the AC is not operational.  Clearly something is very messed up.  Here's my log - which contains so many issues I don't even know where to start.  

I suspect that this is a major problem but have no idea how to fix it. 

C:\Users/brian/Desktop/X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CL650/plugins/systems/win_x64/systems.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Log.txt

Edited by Pils

47 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

As you can see from the log there are many different errors when trying to load this aircraft.  

Yes, without systems.xpl loading it's going to be broken. Something is wrong with your particular installation. But we have to figure out what.

Do you have anti-virus software?

P.S. You missed NavigraphSimlink and AFC_Bridge.

Edited by Pils

12 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

Actually that's the firewall software.  I have Acronis Cyber Protect.  I paused it and restarted XP and that didn't help. Same error systems.xpl.

Lots of OpenWXR errors....

Possibly it blocked the entire installation. Check the enforcement/protection history, and the size/contents of C:/Users/brian/Desktop/X-Plane 12/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CL650/plugins/systems/win_x64/systems.xpl. It should be over 22 megabytes.

Edited by Pils

Zero, nada, zilch.  Bytes.  Not enough probably.  I reran the installer with security paused and it installed and spawned properly.  I'm assuming that it will run with security unpaused at some point. Thanks.  Be nice to have a little installation instruction info somewhere on this expensive and lovely AC.  Seems peculiar for something this high quality.  

Edited by Mandretti

38 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

Zero, nada, zilch.  Bytes.  Not enough probably.  I reran the installer with security paused and it installed and spawned properly.  I'm assuming that it will run with security unpaused at some point. Thanks.  Be nice to have a little installation instruction info somewhere on this expensive and lovely AC.  Seems peculiar for something this high quality.  

A quick Google suggests that your choice of AV solution has had a number of issues...

The vast majority of users do not encounter false-positive issues with the plugins being blocked during install.

12 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

A quick Google suggests that your choice of AV solution has had a number of issues...

The vast majority of users do not encounter false-positive issues with the plugins being blocked during install.

And this is the only aircraft in years of flight simming that I've had an issue with.  Including with this security software running.  

• Pils changed the title to [SOLVED] CL650 Installation Issue
  • Pils locked this topic