Linux flickering problems

SteveDM

Hi all, sorry for my bad ENG.

I have installed Xplane 11 and 12 under Ubunto ver 22.04, no any problems with stock ariplane but with CL 650 (My favorite plane I love it ) is not possible to use any display like PFD, MFD, FMS, ecc ecc, the display remain black but if I click on it is it possible to see the the display on.

Another problem is the flickering and sometimes is not possible to click on the start menu for this problem.

My actual configuration is:

mother board :ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING

ram: 16 gb DDR4 Corsair

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core P - 

graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 with 8 gb 

Video Driver  driver=amdgpu (downloaded here -->> https://www.amd.com/en/support/linux-drivers)

I think is a display driver problem but im not sure, I'm newbie on Ubuntu, someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this unfortunately seems like some kind of problem with plugin rendering when running on Mesa in Vulkan mode. I suspect the GL->Vulkan bridge is somehow borked on Mesa and it's just not sending over the pixels we render.

For the time being, I suggest remaining on XP11 in OpenGL mode. Mesa's GL driver is pretty great, and should give you quite good performance. I will follow up with Laminar & the Mesa driver team, to see if we can nail down what's happening and how to work around/fix it. I can't make promises as yet, but as a fellow Linux myself, I can tell you I'll give it a pretty hard try.