Commands for Landing Lights - Problem with throttle levers

Hi! Thank you for this version of the Mu-2 it is a lot of fun.

I can't find commands in the documentation to bind my hardware to extend and turn on the landing lights? Is this somewhere?

Also I couldn't make my levers (Saitek Quadrant) work for the throttles as throttle1 & throttle2, when I move the levers the plane levers move but there is no effect on the engines. In contrast if I bind a single lever to "throttle" everything works fine.

Cheers,

Luigi

can't find commands in the documentation to bind my hardware to extend and turn on the landing lights? Is this somewhere?

Convenient...just finished up the landing lights even as I type.  I'll create the commands for those right now.

Regarding the hardware mapping to throttles 1/2.....agree this is fraught with potential pitfalls atm, the next update will map to throttles 3/4 and hopefully solve all your problems.  There has been some "kickback" from some folks about reassigning throttles, but X-Plane (for those unawares) has a great joystick profile mangagement capability for this very reason.  So, you should just be able to assign the throttles once for the MU2 and it will load with the MU2 when you set it up that way.

I checked with the Dataref-Tool, and 0 1 2 are correct. Strange it doesn't work...

There were a lot of holes in the landing light controls....I wired them up to their respective busses, including the extension motor..so the whole external lighting just got revamped.   I'm putting in commands for those landing lights now.

• Like 1

The default commands don't account for the extension...only the off/on states.  so I'm inclined to go custom all the way, however, I could use the default commands for the OFF/ON and provide custom for the extension?  thoughts?

Edited by tkyler

14 minutes ago, tkyler said:

So I'm thinking the default commands for the OFF and ON..and custom for the extension. Executing the commmands will "move the switches" and the code will run based on switch position (and power states)

Is it possible that the overhead is labled strangely? From the sources I have it's from downmost RET - OFF - EXT, while in sim, it's ON - OFF - EXT

I would agree with that.  no telling where I got that..probably a photo from someone else's "remodled Moo"....but its that way in the manual for sure.   I'll adjust.  Good catch!

But I do find it a bit weird to pull the switches "back" to make the lights "extend forward" :) Gonna get some comments on this I think...but we do have the documentation.

-TomK

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

so with the relabeling....and now that Im' testing it.  I find it a bit awkward to have an "extension" command.  I'm inclined to use the default commands to "extend and illuminate" and "extinguish and retract"...and just use the mouse manipulator to move the switches to the OFF position, as in my experiences in the Moo..its a pretty rare position to use.  any objections or thoughts?

Thank you very much, that will be easy to bind hardware.

Another small thing: Is it possible to ask for commands to set flaps 0,5,20,40 directly? Then using SPAD.next I can map a lever axis and set axis zones for each flap setting and I will be able to change the flaps using a lever instead than clicking buttons to go up or down.

5 hours ago, lrargerich said:

Thank you very much, that will be easy to bind hardware.

Another small thing: Is it possible to ask for commands to set flaps 0,5,20,40 directly? Then using SPAD.next I can map a lever axis and set axis zones for each flap setting and I will be able to change the flaps using a lever instead than clicking buttons to go up or down.

Until it's implemented, would a lua-script (flywithlua) help?