Need halp. RTFM isn't working. Behringer device

Hengelo

I've RTFM'd till I'm blue in the face but I'm having all kinds of problems:

Encoders (Dials): Velocity seems to increase from 0 to 127 with clockwise turns. Counter clockwise turns register as velocity 0. Both directions  are control change = 1

Here is the syntax from my file:

# Encoders
  { ch = 11, cc = 1,  type = "enc", command_up = "sim/instruments/barometer_up", command_down = "sim/instruments/barometer_down" },

This seems like pretty basic stuff but I'm blocked.

I appreciate the help. I'm seriously struggling. This syntax gives me no joy. 

(I'm looking in the "commands.txt" file in Planes=>Resources=>Plugins for valid commands)

{ ch = 11, cc = 1,  mode = "relative" , type = "enc", command_up = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up" },

I really need some more help. Data ref editor just shows multiple data refs for what seem like the same value.

Also the backlights on the Behringer sometimes are lit on the encoders and sometimes aren't. In both cases data is getting through to xplane though.

Why is this so painfully difficult?

23 hours ago, Gitjester said:

Which Behringer model do you use?

Can you choose in your Behringer-Software (Editor for the device) "Relative"?

I have an xtouch mini. How would the Behringer software interact with the plugin? I'm struggling with the text file/configuration for xplane I'm not sure how the Behringer software fits in that equation.

11 minutes ago, Hengelo said:

I have an xtouch mini. How would the Behringer software interact with the plugin? I'm struggling with the text file/configuration for xplane I'm not sure how the Behringer software fits in that equation.

You have to use the Behringer software to set up the X-Touch to work best (at all?) with the plugin.

https://mauer.github.io/xmidictrl/#/behringer_xtouch_mini

Edited by Pils

On 5/2/2022 at 7:27 AM, Gitjester said:

Behringer-Software: On the Encoder (with CC 1) you have to select "Relative".

2.nd option is to use "range" in Xmidictrl. https://mauer.github.io/xmidictrl/#/inbound_mapping_encoder

Where exactly does one select "Relative" in the Behringer software? Behavior seems to be either momentary or toggle. No other choice.

6 hours ago, Gitjester said:

Yes..... select for LayerB another CC as on LayerA.

For Example: Encoder 1 on LayerA = CC1, Encoder 1 on LayerB = CC9

That makes sense, but something is wrong. When I flip-flop to layer B all the buttons & encoders remain on their settings for layer A.

Is there some magic I need to do with the x-touch editor first?

Edited by Hengelo
typo

Load "Presets on computer" or "GET A" (from Hardware)  ........  edit your settings .......... and dump "To Hardware" (Dump A).

After that:

Load "Presets on computer" or "GET B" (from Hardware)  ........  edit your settings .......... and dump "To Hardware" (Dump B).

Here are the two layers - they look identical. Here is the configuration text:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Layer B
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Slider
  { ch = 11, cc = 50, type = "sld", command_up = "", command_middle = "", command_down = "" },

# Encoders
  { ch = 11, cc = 41, type = "enc", command_up = "sim/radios/stby_com1_coarse_down", command_down = "sim/radios/stby_com1_coarse_up" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 42, type = "enc", command_up = "sim/radios/stby_com2_coarse_down", command_down = "sim/radios/stby_com2_coarse_up" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 43, type = "enc", command_up = "sim/radios/stby_com1_fine_down", command_down = "sim/radios/stby_com1_fine_up" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 44, type = "enc", command_up = "sim/radios/stby_com2_coarse_down", command_down = "sim/radios/stby_com2_coarse_up" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 45, type = "enc", command_up = "sim/instruments/barometer_up", command_down = "sim/instruments/barometer_down" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 46, type = "enc", command_up = "", command_down = "" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 47, type = "enc", command_up = "", command_down = "" },
  { ch = 11, cc = 48, type = "enc", command_up = "", command_down = "" },

Layer_A.png

Layer_B.png