[XP Issue] Crash during cruise (possibly random)

LSX1

I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened, because I was not sitting at my computer when it happened. I set off for a flight from Hawaii back to the Contiguous United States, and I was up away from my computer for a couple of hours and come back and the sim is no longer runnning. This is not the first time with it crashing, but the times at which it crashes seem to be completely random.

Log.txt

Edited by oisin650

Unfortunately you experienced the dreaded unexplainable VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST crash. Something in X-Plane’s rendering engine or the graphics driver had an issue and interrupted the program flow enough to cause the crash. It’s a known issue with the Vulkan rendering mode, as such if you reported it to Laminar Research they’ll just tell you to use OpenGL instead. Hopefully things are improved in X-Plane 12 (because there’ll be no more OpenGL fallback option!).

If it happens repeatedly you could try removing all third party plugins (except Gizmo which is required for the CL-650 to operate) and/or reduce GPU burden within X-Plane graphics settings and close any external programs you might be using while flying (Chrome, Volanta, etc.), but it’s a shot in the dark.

• ois650 changed the title to [XP Issue] Crash during cruise (possibly random)
  • 3 weeks later...