Feature Request: Dummy Version for Multi-PC Sims

MarkHargrove

I have six PCs in my simulator, 1 of which is the 'master' where I run the full version of whatever airplane I'm flying.  The other five PCs provide external views in a 180 deg, wrap-around configuration.  When licensing permits, I like to use the same airplane on the external views so I can see a little bit of the interior of the cockpit and gives me landing/taxi lights -- that adds to the immersion quite a bit (and permits night operations).  When I cannot do that, I fly a dummy airplane on the exterior view PCs.   The problem with the 'dummy' approach is that it means I have no exterior landing or taxi lights, and that means no night operations.

It feels like cruel-and-unusual punishment to limit my flying in the CL650 to daytime flights only, but it's just too expensive to buy a full copy of the Challenger 650 for all my external view PCs (and I'm not all sure those 'slave' copies would behave correctly if I did, given the complexity of this beast). 

It would be awesome if there was a 'shell' of the CL650 that was modeled with landing/taxi lights but no other functionality for those of us with multi-pc simulators.

-M.

2 hours ago, MarkHargrove said:

it's just too expensive to buy a full copy of the Challenger 650 for all my external view PCs

X-Aviation addons are limited to 3 concurrent installs anyway, and I’m not sure if it’s allowed by TOS to create more than one account per person. Something you’d have to work out with @Cameron.

(and I'm not all sure those 'slave' copies would behave correctly if I did, given the complexity of this beast)

But, yah, I think that would be messy… there’s so little interaction with the default internals of X-Plane other than for thrust, braking, and icing.

It would be awesome if there was a 'shell' of the CL650 that was modeled with landing/taxi lights but no other functionality for those of us with multi-pc simulators.

Maybe this is something @Goran_M might consider for down the road.

Edited by Pils