TBM900 ATC

tinybro

No air traffic communications audio or visual at top of screen. After entering flight plan, no more functionality in atc window. Constant 1 second flashing of next comms setting in atc pop-up. No available tower comms functionality. Taxi request Etc. ATC window is basically locked up with 1 second flashing of stared comms selection.

1 hour ago, tinybro said:

Love this plane but recently this functionality failed. Recently updated to Win 11? Using Navigraph 2201. all other XPlane aircraft work fine. Do not know how to contact support from developers. Any Ideas?

Alienware R9, I7-9700K, 32 Gb ram, 2070S

I’m sorry you have trouble in the simulator, but please don’t double post.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:03 PM, tinybro said:

No air traffic communications audio or visual at top of screen. After entering flight plan, no more functionality in atc window. Constant 1 second flashing of next comms setting in atc pop-up. No available tower comms functionality. Taxi request Etc. ATC window is basically locked up with 1 second flashing of stared comms selection.

You’re talking about the X-Plane built-in ATC feature, I think? This functionality has no dependence on the TBM that I’m aware of, nor any interaction between the TBM and the default ATC. Could you post some screenshots to confirm what you’re trying to do, please?

1 hour ago, Pils said:

You’re talking about the X-Plane built-in ATC feature, I think? This functionality has no dependence on the TBM that I’m aware of, nor any interaction between the TBM and the default ATC. Could you post some screenshots to confirm what you’re trying to do, please?

My appologies for double post. New to all this at 73. Still thinking the problem is with TBM as only seen using this plane and all use the default ATC as far as I know. Flight functions are great as ever but no atc function. Will get some pics to highlight the problem. May go back to win10 to see if the problem persists. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, Pils said:

1 Shows plan. 2 shows filing data 3 shows result after filing. Notice difference on cessna 3. On TBM filing locks up with clearance delivery flashing every second. Did another aircraft with same result as cessna.

184977664_M20TN3PlanFiled.png

430404901_TBM900-1PlanDeveloped.png

1418565957_TBM900-2PlanFilemade.png

1170696399_Cessna1PlanDeveloped.png

1655520850_Cessna2PlanFileMade.png

1278523037_Cessna3PlanFiled.png

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Did the ATC ever work in the TBM on your system?

Thanks very much for the response. Yes it worked beautifully. Plane still does but no ATC. My favorite plane for distance flying. Don't use jets. Have not used until recently but finally got tired of lack of accuracy in msfs flight model. Had updated to win11. Have tried:

Re downloading 900 package twice. changing settings. formatting drive and reloading to win 10 twice first time without formatting. Both times included reinstalling of xplane (14 hrs each @ 15 to 25 Mbs) testing same flight plan in 3 other aircraft which all work fine. I believe last working version of 900 may have been 12 but not sure. Had my original 12 install and tried that but this still downloads the current 13. Am completely stumped and at wits end. Appreciate any support.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:49 PM, Goran_M said:

Ok, so it's determined it did work at one time.  

This leads me to believe that either something was changed on your setup (hardware or software) or you're simply missing a step somewhere. 

Are you enabling COM1 in the TBM?

Com 1 was on but not com1 mic. All is well now. My appologies for all this. 2 weeks of frustration for such a simple fix. A little embarrased to say the least. Thank you very much.

14 minutes ago, tinybro said:

Com 1 was on but not com1 mic. All is well now. My appologies for all this. 2 weeks of frustration for such a simple fix. A little embarrased to say the least. Thank you very much.

You're welcome.  Often it's the little things that end up solving the problem.

Happens in aircraft development all the time.

Enjoy.