PMDG 737 NGX Released

Warmbrak

Now I don't normally like to post FSX things on a X-Plane forum, but PMDG is probably the most famous brand when it comes to quality in FSX, and I sure hope we see a NGX like this in our beloved X-Plane some day. FSX complaints aside, this looks very nicely executed. This is what a $70 aircraft looks like in FSX:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/ngx.html

And look at this HUD!

And here the promo video

http://vimeo.com/27292595

edited - used url links for video

We could make this plane in 6-9 months with moderate systems. The real thing that stops us is the FMC. That's the really daunting thing for us (well most of us) all and why you don't already have a 737-47-57-67. They take a long time...

I agree on the time and effort. I agree that the technology, capability and talent is there to do this.

Question to developers: If developing an aircraft like this takes two very different phases:

1.) Flight model, 3d external and cockpit, default X-Plane avionics

2.) Advanced systems modelling, FMC, bells & whistles, smiling hosties etc

why not market it the same way? Finish Phase 1, market and sell it as a "lite" or "weekend warrior" version for $20-$30. Then continue with phase 2, and market and sell it as the "pro" version. Another $20-$30, discount for phase 1 customers or something similar?

That way, all fields of interest are covered, wannabe and pro can fly the same beauty at their own comfort level, cash flows, and possibly greater market reach at the end of the day.

I agree on the time and effort. I agree that the technology, capability and talent is there to do this.

Question to developers: If developing an aircraft like this takes two very different phases:

1.) Flight model, 3d external and cockpit, default X-Plane avionics

2.) Advanced systems modelling, FMC, bells & whistles, smiling hosties etc

why not market it the same way? Finish Phase 1, market and sell it as a "lite" or "weekend warrior" version for $20-$30. Then continue with phase 2, and market and sell it as the "pro" version. Another $20-$30, discount for phase 1 customers or something similar?

That way, all fields of interest are covered, wannabe and pro can fly the same beauty at their own comfort level, cash flows, and possibly greater market reach at the end of the day.

I wish it was that simple :)

The technology of the real HUD inside X-Plane is already discovered how to do several time ago. First by Nills in his hurrican and later (by little time without any explanation from NILLS how to do it) in my Javelin:

BUT of course we need 10 more poeple or so in a team and money to pay their salaries for 2 years to make something like the PMDG inside X-Plane. It is possible to make it and even better (because x-Plane has better flight phisics) but of course time.. money (and of course people that wouldn't be a problem to pay good money for it:

PMDG 737-NGX = 70$ x many many thousands of people buying

CRJ200 = 60$ x thousands of people buying (x-plane smaller market)

less gainning.. and to support a full team for 2 years many money is needed.. as well to pay contract with companies of the plane.. etc etc...

soooooooo YOU the people that flyes X-Plane are the CLUE to have such products inside x-plane. Number is money.. money means great products.

Of course great products can come also for free.. but people needs to eat.. and usually not so much people can do great works for free... because they need lot of time.

yes they are impresive.. and nice made.. BUT the 3D or graphics.. or animation is not the problem. The problem is programming all the systems.. and making good phisics.

I can make a plane fully in 3D in 2-5 months depending of complexity.. trully nice done... but that is just graphics (that also are important). It has to have a soul... and that is where the systems come.. and programming is very important. But there aren't so many programmers that can share his time for free to later be paid.

Right, we have been working on systems and flightmodel for about 18 months now.

The 3D part is "trivial" in comparison on a project of this magnitude.

Thats why we focused on the systems and flightmodel first.  Those are the

showstoppers - as you learned from the CRJ project. 

This is where XP lacks design capability and knowhow. 

Even though the NGX systems appear impressive, we already spotted a couple

of errors and cutting corners in their systems, so it's not perfect either  :)

PMDG has been working on this acft for many years, so they have a head start,

but we'll catch up - atleast thats our goal.