TerraMaxx and Gizmo

od1canod

Gotta say, it's really annoying how the X-Aviation Licensing and TerraMaxx work. IF I don't fly X-Plane in a while and then try and load a flight it obviously tries to check the Licensing through Gizmo. Should that not work (password change, WiFi down...) the sim is locked down for quite a while as TerraMaxx defaults back to the standard seasonal. And this time the X-Aviation licencing will not allow a password to be entered or pasted. Close out X-Plane, restart, wait again for TerraMaxx to do it's thing and try again. This is not really conducive to ENJOYING the addon's. While I understand that this is to avoid unlicensed versions being run by those that would do so, it is really inconvenient to those of us that did pay the bill and thus create a market for the software to be sold to. 

Just some feedback...

Thanks.

11 hours ago, od1canod said:

Gotta say, it's really annoying how the X-Aviation Licensing and TerraMaxx work. IF I don't fly X-Plane in a while and then try and load a flight it obviously tries to check the Licensing through Gizmo. Should that not work (password change, WiFi down...) the sim is locked down for quite a while as TerraMaxx defaults back to the standard seasonal. And this time the X-Aviation licencing will not allow a password to be entered or pasted. Close out X-Plane, restart, wait again for TerraMaxx to do it's thing and try again. This is not really conducive to ENJOYING the addon's. While I understand that this is to avoid unlicensed versions being run by those that would do so, it is really inconvenient to those of us that did pay the bill and thus create a market for the software to be sold to. 

Just some feedback...

Thanks.

As a workaround...

If you're aware you haven't flown in a while, create a folder in XPlane/Resources/plugins/ called disabled.

Drag terramax into the disabled folder.

Start X-Plane, open the Gizmo / X-A licensing window, update your license.

Quit X-Plane.

Drag terrmax out of the disabled folder.

Start X-Plane.

I'm aware it's not optimal. I'm aware that you may still get caught off guard when all you want to do is fly.

I'm just offering a constructive work around.

As the author of Gizmo I am unable to change how terramax operates when it's not licensed.

I might be able to tweak Gizmo so that it allows terramax to believe its licensed for the first few minutes of sim operation but I will have to discuss this further with other stakeholder and investigate the technical challenge in doing so.

I will add it to the bug/features list and review it again when other higher priority items have been worked through.

Edited by Ben Russell