Stuttering

mthomas02

Hi all. Installed CRJ, everythings seems to be in the right place, but when the Avionics are on, the stuttering makes it impossible to fly, slows down to a crawl... but naturally when I turn off the CRJ-avionics plugin, she flys beautifully.

Tried all the recommended ways to fix, removed all plugins, brought settings way down, downloaded the Demo, but even with the Demo I have the same problem, have latest video driver, latest XP update, removed all C++ versions and re-installed with only the latest.... removed the x737, also Hagers Airbus A346 and A380VC to see if those plugins caused it.  

Don't have a super computer, but here are my specs

Intel pentium 4 2.80 ghz, 1gb ram,NVIDIA geForce 9400Gt, windows (yes, sorry) XP

any thoughts? please and thank you very much.

If you have programmed the FMS and you show the LEGS page in it.. please don't do it.. In low computers there is lot of shuttering. So for example choose the index page in the fms.. and you can see the following points in the MFD. That way you will have less shuttering.

Hi, thanks for the tip, but it unfortunately didn't help.

I know this is a very advanced add-on for XP, but I have quite a few others, the 787, Su-100, Hager's A346, A380(with virtual cockpit, works great!), ERJ 140,  and just tried the new Challenger 300, works without a single stutter. I have read of these C++ issues, but I followed the tip and no change. Is there a possibility of it being anything else? Sorry, I don't mean to be whiny, I'd just like to investigate all my options. If it won't work, it won't work, hopefully I will be able to upgrade to a better system when I have more $$$.

Best,

Matthew

A 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 was released on April 2, 2002, and the bus speed increased from 400 MT/s to 533 MT/s (133 MHz physical clock) for the 2.26 GHz, 2.4 GHz, and 2.53 GHz models in May, 2.66 GHz and 2.8 GHz models in August, and 3.06 GHz model in November.

...Your 9 year old CPU and associated bits are definitely the problem.

A simple review of the CRJ threads would have given you early and fair warning about this.

People with (far) better systems than yours also have performance issues.

Your hardware is nowhere near the recommended minimum specs.