IXEG No sound at all

Bridge777

Hi, 

I just installed both XPlane11 and IXEG 737 yesterday. IXEG is the only "add" I have made to the original XPlane. The plane loads fine and everything seems to work, however ther is no sound at all. Every other stock airplane from XPlane sounds fine, but when I load IXEG, everything goes mute. I have tried with the master XPLane sound settings, as well as with the IXEG menu on the left. All values look fine, but still no interior or exterior sounds. No cockpit sounds, engines, and so. 

Any help will be kindly appreciated.

Many thanks

Thanks for your reply! Yes, any other aircraft will sound just fine. The issue is just with the IXEG. Everything works weel on the plane except for the sound. I tried adjusting the sound on XPlane and on the IXEG pop up menu and nothing happens. But when I change airplane (let say generic 737 from XPLane) sounds comes back to normal. 

This is really weird, we are using OpenAL sounds which should just run fine on any computer... There have been some problems in the past where users had other applications running that would also use OpenAL and "block" all available sound channels. Some callouts etc. would not play in this case.

The only other advice I could give would be to download and install the aircraft again - maybe something got messed up when trying to install it to the correct folders, especially for Steam X-Plane users this is often fraught with trouble since steam likes to install things in weirdly named folders (that is why I personally recommend to buy X-Plane from Laminar Research directly, it will give you much more control and flexibility with regard to installation and add-ons, including the ability to take part in beta trials of new versions much earlier, if so desired).

Cheers, Jan

• 1 year later...

Some feedback. I made a flight with Zibo737. After arrival, changed to IXEG to make the flight back, and no sounds. I had airport and weather sounds, but nothing on the plane. Restarted X-Plane, got sounds back. It's like the sound systems of each plane takes over the XP sound and don't "give it back", as it were. Like when you fly with IXEG, if you take down the volume on IXEG's panel, when you open another XP aircraft, the X-Plane sound is at that low volume.  

7 minutes ago, axmiha said:

if you take down the volume on IXEG's panel, when you open another XP aircraft, the X-Plane sound is at that low volume.

Yes, that is correct - when you change the sounds using the IXEG´s preference panel, you are effectively changing the sound level of X-Plane itself. I think that is normal, though, there are no separate sound settings for individual aircraft in X-Plane, to my knowledge.

You can´t fly the R22 helicopter and turn down the cockpit sounds and then open the Cessna 172 and expect the cockpit sounds to be at normal level again. The sound settings are global.

When a custom aircraft uses it´s own sound engine (like we do with OpenAL), strange things can happen and I would not expect seamless switching between aircraft in one session, it is always good to reboot the simulator when changing between those aircraft.

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

The sound settings are global.

I see.

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

When a custom aircraft uses it´s own sound engine (like we do with OpenAL), strange things can happen and I would not expect seamless switching between aircraft in one session, it is always good to reboot the simulator when changing between those aircraft.

Ok, thanks. But could that be why people are having sound problems, or is it some other thing?

Make sure any of the plugins and addons that use SASL are up to date.

A while ago the SASL plugin was providing the functionality that OpenAL.dll should.

The most recent copy of their plugin (3.16.4) that I just checked fixes this.

Legacy X-Plane sound is a mess.

X-Plane 12 dropped OpenAL support so a bit of pain was expected as everyone completes their product update cycles.

sasl symbols old plugin.jpg