VR In sitting position plane not fully rendered. In Standing position plane is fully rendered.

sparker256

First I am so very happy trying to learn this plane coming from a Cessna 172 but will get there. I am using the TBM as my stepping stone and so far so good.

I have been using VR in X-Plane since January 9th 2018 when I got my first headset which was a Vive and have had many headsets since. I set the floor height by setting my headset on the floor and telling SteamVR the the floor height is 0. This has worked fine for all the aircraft I have used so far till the 650 which you can see from the pictures. If I move up out of my chair so the headset is between 5 and 10 inches higher the plane comes into full view. I am not a 3d modeler but I hope this info will help resolve this issue for me.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post Bill

Standing.jpg

Sitting.jpg

• Like 1

The issue I think is because HS cull any objects / textures that aren't in view - for some reason being close to the ground culls the external textures in VR, I think it's because in VR, you are never *truly* in outside view.

Easy workaround in steam VR is to use OVR advanced settings to define an offset that moves your head position up a little.

• Like 1