Can you defuel?

N1K

4 hours ago, N1K said:

Can you defuel?

I tried in non-career mode to reduce the fuel on board and determined it was impossible. Surely a sandbox mode I should get control over how much fuel I have.

Hey N1k,

There's no defuelling capability, Toto felt it wasn't worth implementing, as it's extremely rare that you can defuel an aircraft.

No one would be willing to accept the fuel from your tanks due to the potential of contamination.

If you've put too much fuel in your aircraft, and can't take-off (short runway for example), then you're just gonna have to sit on the tarmac and burn it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yea, I get that for career. 
But I'm talking non-persistence. In that mode that logic goes out the window, even just disabling whatever is forcing overwriting default xplane fuel so you can select whatever you want. 

Edited by N1K
  • Upvote 2

I'm seeing this come up a few times in the threads and getting locked because 'defuelling is unrealistic'.
So before this gets locked too, I want to expand, and make it clear, I am talking about 'non-persistent' mode.

What is realistic about the failure scenario management? You're not going to practice any of that in an aeroplane.
You give us the massive in-depth capability to run failure scenarios, and then lock us out of the ability to control the weight of the aeroplane.
If I want to do a V1 cut at 5 ton fuel, I should be able to do it. If I want to do V1 cut, with 1 ton of fuel, I should be able to do it.
"Unrealistic' is not an excuse here. There should be no lock on the weight of the aeroplane in non-persistence mode, that is the mode you would use to quickly bounce between failure scenarios. Please give us the ability to directly control such a basic function as how much fuel is on the plane in this mode. At the very least at least make it load with min fuel instead of over 2 hours on aboard.

Edited by N1K
  • Upvote 5

I understand what you're asking for, but at the moment the ability to defuel the aircraft is not in the plan for the product. However I will make sure your request is noted. 

To be clear, the non-persistent mode was renamed away from "Training mode" to avoid confusion. It's not meant for anything other than your first few flights when you want to have an identical starting point or "oh I want to try that" sort of thing. It's not a sandbox/training mode, just something that gives you an aircraft that is ready to go.

In short - the developers didn't expect the Non-persistent mode to be used after you'd had the aircraft for more than a few hours, except in very limited circumstance

Edited by Graeme_77
  • Like 2