M20 Collection G1000 Background

SimLikeYouFly

Hello,

Can anyone please take a look at this and see if anyone else has experienced this with the PFD flickering? I have tried different drivers, switched from OGL to Vulcan, problem still there. Using AMD RX570 8GB, Ryzen 5600X, 32G Ram, SSD, Windows 11 and X-Plane 11.55. No other G1000 has this problem with stock or 3rd party aircraft. 

Thanks,

Steve B.

Log.txt

Hm, that is quite odd. Its going to be something with the combination of graphics settings and the AMD graphics card drivers, we've seen odd issues like this in the past with that combination. Some people have found better luck when running X-Plane in OpenGL mode, but as you mentioned, its not always a direct solution. Are you running X-Plane in full-screen mode or windowed?

Hey Coop,

I tried full screen and window mode with no change. However, If I use OpenGL there is much less flickering. The complete PFD will flicker slightly instead of just the internal Artificial Horizon. But this gets really odd. If I change the PFD options, such as synthetic vision, I completely lose the AH. (See attached) And it stays lost, and I can't change it back to the previous display option. But, if I select the display back-up button, there is no flickering, and everything is correct. (See attached). LOL!

I've been trying to diagnose this for days and it's throwing me for a loop. No pun intended. Maybe it's time to try Nvidia and see what happens. But then I go back to no other aircraft has this issue.

Thanks for looking,

Steve B.

M20R - 2022-01-03 20.21.56.png

M20R - 2022-01-03 20.22.06.png

M20R - 2022-01-03 20.22.22.png

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2023 at 11:19 PM, Bruce boyd said:

I have this same problem, it only occurs after I’ve been airborne for 10-20 mins. No matter how long I sit on the ground with the engine running the video is fine. I’m running win10 and I’ve tried on both xp11 and xp12 with Vulcan and I get the same results.  

Are you running an AMD card as well? Would be nice to know for commonality reasons.