Carenado PA31 Navajo And Chieftain Crash With RSG G500 1.0.2

TallTanBarbie

Hello  -- just got around to trying the new RSG G500 (first time and with the recent update).

I didn't see any documentation in the zip file.

After installing in the aformentioned aircraft, the G500 was listed in the plugin list but came up as blank windows within a bezel.

After some searching, I found a "Plugins" directory and copied the contents into /resources/plugins.

When restarting X-Plane, after program init the scenery and aircraft would come up for a minute or two and then crash.

The only thing I can do is remove the plugin(s) or un-install the G500 from the aircraft.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work? 

I also have the RXP GTN750, TerraMaxx, SkyMaxxPro, and Air Manager installed.

Log.txt

The RSG G500 should not be installed into X-Plane 11/resources/plugins, it should be installed on a per-aircraft basis using the G500 installer app located in the main X-Plane 11 directory (G500 Aircraft installer). Manually remove the G500 from X-Plane 11/resources/plugins. 

If it isn't working after installing into the per-aircraft directory, send a screenshot of the blank popup as well as a log.txt file. 

4 hours ago, Coop said:

The RSG G500 should not be installed into X-Plane 11/resources/plugins, it should be installed on a per-aircraft basis using the G500 installer app located in the main X-Plane 11 directory (G500 Aircraft installer). Manually remove the G500 from X-Plane 11/resources/plugins. 

If it isn't working after installing into the per-aircraft directory, send a screenshot of the blank popup as well as a log.txt file. 

I deleted and re-installed -- this time just doing the individual aircraft install and *not* also manually copying files from the "Plugins" directory this time.

Based on a hunch on what happened the last time with installing SkyMaxxPro et al., I re-started X-Plane in single display windowed mode...and the Gizmo licence window came up asking for my e-mail and password.

After doing all this, the RSG G500 window came up *with* the G500 this time and not just an empty bezel.

Please update your Gizmo thing so it always comes up no matter what view mode you run X-Plane in.

I didn't see this before as I normally run three displays in full-screen mode.

gizmo.jpg

gizmo2.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I would like to know how you got the G500 to work in the Carenado Navajo.  I have the Navajo and added REP.  It would be fun to add the G500 but I am not sure if purchased, would the G500 be automatically compatible with the Navajo, or did you have to modify the plane to make it work?  And do you know if it works in VR?  And if it just works out the box, so to say, are there any other aircraft you have installed it on that works, besides the stock C172 and Islanders ( and the pc-12 and baron ultimate).  Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2021 at 9:38 PM, TallTanBarbie said:

I deleted and re-installed -- this time just doing the individual aircraft install and *not* also manually copying files from the "Plugins" directory this time.

Based on a hunch on what happened the last time with installing SkyMaxxPro et al., I re-started X-Plane in single display windowed mode...and the Gizmo licence window came up asking for my e-mail and password.

After doing all this, the RSG G500 window came up *with* the G500 this time and not just an empty bezel.

Please update your Gizmo thing so it always comes up no matter what view mode you run X-Plane in.

I didn't see this before as I normally run three displays in full-screen mode.

gizmo.jpg

gizmo2.jpg

Posted May 15 repost today. Aug. 16

I would like to know how you got the G500 to work in the Carenado Navajo.  I have the Navajo and added REP.  It would be fun to add the G500 but I am not sure if purchased, would the G500 be automatically compatible with the Navajo, or did you have to modify the plane to make it work?  And do you know if it works in VR?  And if it just works out the box, so to say, are there any other aircraft you have installed it on that works, besides the stock C172 and Islanders ( and the pc-12 and baron ultimate).  Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 10:38 AM, riceman718 said:

Posted May 15 repost today. Aug. 16

Did you ever find out an answer?

• 2 weeks later...