Q400 @ ORG store

oregonboy109

Where a developer sells their product is their choice. If Jack chooses to sell at the org and also distribute on his own site (armchair) then he felt it right to do.

No idea on why it would appear and disappear. Perhaps it was pre-maturely released, or they are altering descriptive info on the product. No idea! :)

Best of luck on the Q400 sales, guys.

It's likely a contractual agreement for exclusivity of sale.  A similar occurrence took place when scenery by Tom Curtis was sold on the .org.  Before it had been sold off of his website through an online store.

It in no way would seem unusual to me, and I would assume that X-Aviation would expect a similar agreement for exclusivity of sale.  Would I be in any way correct Cameron?  I hate to get my facts wrong.

It in no way would seem unusual to me, and I would assume that X-Aviation would expect a similar agreement for exclusivity of sale.  Would I be in any way correct Cameron?  I hate to get my facts wrong.

Depends on the circumstances. It's generally preferred, but there are cases on non-exclusivity even at X-Aviation.

In the instance of the Q400 I don't believe that is the case. Armchair is Jack/Joe's site, and considering it's presumably to be sold on both sites it's not an exclusivity deal. This could just as easily have to deal with a description revision as I stated above.

This text has been added to the description which I'm pretty sure wasn't there before:

"ATTENTION: Gizmo asks for a donation in support of its development. There will be a temporary screen when you load up if you did not donate. This screen goes away after a set number of seconds. In no way do you need to donate to have the Q400 work as intended."

Probably related to the other thread here.

The Picasa album they link to for screenshots doesn't have the typos or misaligned textures in the cockpit I'd mentioned in the other thread either.

I'd be surprised if they had to take the product down for hours just to change the description though!