• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really want to thank you for making this plane. I was about to save up for a $1,500 computer, so that I would be able to play FSX. I always thought that it wasn't possible to make a plane like the PMDG products in X-Plane. But ever since I saw your plane I changed my mind, I am staying with X-Plane, and now I don't have to waste money on a new computer, but I can spend it on your planes. You have also motivated me to make my own plane, it will be very hard to make, but I know I can do it. Thank You  ;D

well.. the Copilot won't move nothing of it's body. Well.. the head yes... but nothing more. That is because to make animation of parts you have to break them.. and beeing so close to the copilot is extrange so see the seams of those parts.

When doing the chairs didn't make the animation to be closer to the yoke as the real one, because if I did, then the camera would be very close to instruments, and I found that position better. And because the camera is not linked to anything animated.

So the copilot is there to fill an empty space. No more. But if anyone don't like it you can toggle the visibility of him. That is why from external cockpit they appear also a bit smaller.

I was planning also to put passengers on cabin. Less polygons than the pilots (that don't have too much, but they have their fingers) But finally I am not going to make them, because imagine:

500 polygons a man or woman (that are too low). 500x52 = 26000. Almost the same number of polys the 3D cockpit has. So... if you want to have better frame rates.. I think is better not. But passenger blinds are animated!!!  ;D

Regarding the passengers i think you're right. Too much polygons on sub par puppets. However I hope the windows are neat, my personal fetish is to land a plane and then replay it a couple of times looking outside from a passenger seat. Preferably looking over the wing...and the moment you see the runway appear under the plane is just golden.

I understand the problem with the camera appearing to close to the panels, but does altering the FOV not solve this or makes it the view too fisheyed? And how do other developers solve this?

I set the FOV to 65 degrees since i have the MU-2B. It feels more accurate, then the default 45° imho.

I always had the problem of having not enough instruments within my line of sight. Either i had to look down, and didn't see anything outside, or saw the runway, but not the ILS markes in the instruments.

The fisheye effect starts with 70°, or i at least think it starts there to be noticable.

So i personally think, that 65° are perfect.

lol, i think 52 passengers aren't that bad, at 500 polygons each. how you got them that low is amazing.

but if you look at how many polygons some of us other developers are using, 26k is not much at all. hehe. If i had the nkowlage on how to make a person like you have there i would definitely jump on that band wagon and make me some passengers.

I do love the copilot too. but uh oh, in America, remember we all have to be politically correct or the government will touse us down, so maybe a black and a women copilot is needed too, :)

just kidding.....

Please make the pilot to the proper scale (maybe a male of 5'10" height).

It will look silly to have a kid sized pilot in the cockpit!

I do believe you've misunderstood Javier. The pilots are of a proper scale. The reason the pilot looks SLIGHTLY smaller from external nose on view is due to the fact that Javier has chosen to have the pilots sit a little bit further back in the seats for reasons of seeing the cockpit better. It has nothing to do with scale.

...but simply remember to leave an option to disable them  :) So anyone can decide where to waste their frame rate  8)

Best efforts have been made to ensure most systems today will get an enjoyable experience with the aircraft. Once completed, features and minimum requirements will be posted and you can assess whether this aircraft will ultimately be for you. Disabling features like animations (a part of the OBJ) is not something we have planned at this time.