Jump to content

Recommended Posts

You are going to be struggling a bit with a 4GB video card in a Macbook.  I managed in XP10 with a 4GB card in an iMac, but found it was not great in XP11 - although it was still in OpenGL then.   XP11 ran very hot, and I guess  your MacBook CPU (and GPU) will be running hot, and the fans will be blowing away!

With your airliners, you are spending most of your time up in the flight levels (probably around 30,000' or so), whereas a lot of your time in the TBM will be lower, where scenery will have much more of an impact. 

You may well be getting thermal throttling.  Have you looked at the core temperatures?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, diamonddriller said:

You are going to be struggling a bit with a 4GB video card in a Macbook.  I managed in XP10 with a 4GB card in an iMac, but found it was not great in XP11 - although it was still in OpenGL then.   XP11 ran very hot, and I guess  your MacBook CPU (and GPU) will be running hot, and the fans will be blowing away!

With your airliners, you are spending most of your time up in the flight levels (probably around 30,000' or so), whereas a lot of your time in the TBM will be lower, where scenery will have much more of an impact. 

You may well be getting thermal throttling.  Have you looked at the core temperatures?

The problem is that even when on the ground or shortly after take-off the TBM can also frequently crash, which shouldn't be caused by the scenery.

Edited by CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman said:

The TBM900 frequently crashes on my MacBook Pro on macOS 11.4 (20F71). I had no such problems with other aircrafts (e.g. FFA320, FFA350, Toliss A319) and the log files are attached for your information.

 

There are a few issues I can see that are likely causing your CTD's in order of what I think is the cause.

Marginals Ground Traffic

Scenery location

Mem Errors as reported by the log file

Try either removing the Marginal Ground Traffic plug in.  This is very old, and, AFAIK, hasn't been updated in quite a while.  

Alternatively, try a default airport.  Many developers use SCIP for testing.

Try those first, then post back and we can take it from there.

 

Edited by Goran_M
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

There are a few issues I can see that are likely causing your CTD's in order of what I think is the cause.

Marginals Ground Traffic

Scenery location

Mem Errors as reported by the log file

Try either removing the Marginal Ground Traffic plug in.  This is very old, and, AFAIK, hasn't been updated in quite a while.  

Alternatively, try a default airport.  Many developers use SCIP for testing.

Try those first, then post back and we can take it from there.

 

The Marginal Ground Traffic plug-in come from 3rd-party sceneries and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to remove it. (And these sceneries seem working fine with other aircrafts).

I'll try the aircraft around default airports first, however it might take some time as the crashes seem to be very random and it's hard to know what kind of action would trigger it (once in ZSPD the TBM even crashed when turning switches on the ground).

 

Edited by CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I can suggest, if you really want to find out what the cause is, is to remove all 3rd party plugins, and then test while putting 1 plugin back at a time, until the crash happens again.  As far as debugging, to find out quicker, unfortunately, no.  There are too many 3rd party variables.

The best course of action would be to install a clean copy of X-Plane, and then test.  But seeing as you're on Steam, this isn't possible without removing your entire X-Plane installation, and then reinstalling a clean copy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 6:51 PM, Goran_M said:

The only thing I can suggest, if you really want to find out what the cause is, is to remove all 3rd party plugins, and then test while putting 1 plugin back at a time, until the crash happens again.  As far as debugging, to find out quicker, unfortunately, no.  There are too many 3rd party variables.

The best course of action would be to install a clean copy of X-Plane, and then test.  But seeing as you're on Steam, this isn't possible without removing your entire X-Plane installation, and then reinstalling a clean copy.

TBM900_Log.txtLog.txtX-Plane_2021-06-03-064958_CaptainYukinoshitaHachimans-MacBook-Pro.crash

I just got another crash with Marginal Ground Traffic removed above an ocean. Later I'll test it again with all 3rd-party plugins and sceneries removed.

Edited by CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Goran_M I have removed all 3rd-party sceneries and plugins while the TBM 900 continues to crash. Logs are attached below.

 

BTW the memory of my Mac should be in good condition as I did a test using Rember and no error was found.

Also, all these tests are under fullscreen mode, should I do another one in window mode?

Log.txtTBM900_Log.txtX-Plane_2021-06-03-160838_CaptainYukinoshitaHachimans-MacBook-Pro.crash

Edited by CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah damn.  Windowed mode.  I should have asked you that earlier.  AMD drivers have a problem with X-Plane, some add ons, Metal and full screen mode.  Either change to windowed mode or if you insist on running full screen mode, have a window open in the background.  Either Safari or Finder.  The latter doesn't always work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Ah damn.  Windowed mode.  I should have asked you that earlier.  AMD drivers have a problem with X-Plane, some add ons, Metal and full screen mode.  Either change to windowed mode or if you insist on running full screen mode, have a window open in the background.  Either Safari or Finder.  The latter doesn't always work.

The problem is that under windowed mode the title bar of X-Plane is always displayed, which is very annoying. Have you heard of any ways to hide that?

Edited by CaptainYukinoshitaHachiman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...