[WINDOWS] x-plane crashes when loading CRJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold and dark.

Loaded and left with default view without apps connected to XPUIPC, seemed fine for over an hour, then I connected  FSCommander 9 and my VAs FLight Logger on my laptop over XPWideClient and it CTD'd within a further ~15mins. The main pc wasn't touched after initial load.

Attached the log file, no crash log was produced.

(The other chap in my VA who reports the crash issue runs the flight logger on the same PC as X-plane I believe, so that may well not be a factor, and I've had the crash with just FSCommander 9 connected)

Log.txt

Ok... well I don't know anything about how is programmed and why this CTD are happening. Seems that there is something inside 1.1 that is making this, because if you say that you had same with 1.0 and no problem then....... (well I would suggest you to go back to 1.0 until we find where is the problem)..

Well... I am testing right now the CRJ with engines running. It is extrange to have a CTD with cold and dark because the plugin is loaded but I think it is not running.. so no memory leak.

I was thinking about a memory leak.. but now the CRJ is loaded for almost 1 hour here, and I have even more memory from time to time.... so no memory leaks.

Also was thinking about a CTD because CPU temperature.. but here is as always.. my dual core boh has 77ºC maximum.. and 96% workload. No problem for now (and I didn't have before).

So... for me it only leaves me one thing that is making the CTD The XPUIPC, or the FSComander 9 or the VAs Flight Logger.

you say that in 1.0 this didn't happen, so we have to look what was changed to modify this to worst (it is supposed updates are for fixing not making things worst...  ;) )

So the only thing for now until Philipp has something to say would suggest you to only fly the 1.1 without those plugins.. or fly the 1.0 version.

This did happen with 1.0 as well. XPUIPC was identified as a problem and 1.1 made an attempt to fix (same problem as with some other plugin inompatibility I think).

It now looks like just running XPUIPC in the plugins folder may be ok (when it doesn't do whatever it does when connected??), but when used to interface still crashes the sim.

I understand, and while I could live without FSCommander connected, I need the flight logger to record the flights for the VA, so it looks like I may have to wait until 1.2 or later before flying. The other apps are only talking to XPUIPC, so whatever is causing the problem is most likely related to the CRJ and XPUIPC still not getting on.

I'd be happy to run a debug version of CRJ to record more information when the crashes occur.

My issue is wierd...When I leave the CRJ as the last plane before X-Plane loads, it won't load when I start X-Plane again. The cockpit comes up, and I get the waiting signal on my mouse. It stays like this and I have to force quit X-Plane. I followed the updater and I don't have the outlined plugins above, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Perry,

I have the exact issue you are reporting, very rare indeed, what can we do? any ideas?

Many thanks,

Alex

By the way my system is Win 7 64 bit

My issue is wierd...When I leave the CRJ as the last plane before X-Plane loads, it won't load when I start X-Plane again. The cockpit comes up, and I get the waiting signal on my mouse. It stays like this and I have to force quit X-Plane. I followed the updater and I don't have the outlined plugins above, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Perry,

I have the exact issue you are reporting, very rare indeed, what can we do? any ideas?

Many thanks,

Alex

You can open a new plane before quitting X-Plane, but that's really impractical. It's amazing how a simple update can cause so much trouble...  :-[ You guys really need a vacation. ;)

When you come to the other side, developing, you see how amazing comes everyday....

Damm.. I am the first frustrated with this. As you say updates has to resolve problems, not create new ones.. but we are trying to understand what is happening here.

BUT If you have the option to test the plane in another computer DO IT!! because I believe all this problems are because junk inside computer users. Not saying all!! but lots of them. Compatibility things.. etc... Meanwhile I am still testing.. and I have tested in 5 different computers already without any problem... anyway... .continuying...

When you come to the other side, developing, you see how amazing comes everyday....

Damm.. I am the first frustrated with this. As you say updates has to resolve problems, not create new ones.. but we are trying to understand what is happening here.

BUT If you have the option to test the plane in another computer DO IT!! because I believe all this problems are because junk inside computer users. Not saying all!! but lots of them. Compatibility things.. etc... Meanwhile I am still testing.. and I have tested in 5 different computers already without any problem... anyway... .continuying...

I'll give it a go without Dreamfoil's 206. I don't remember if it was installed or not when I loaded V1.1

My computer is brand new, so I don't imagine I have a lot of crap on it yet...

Ok.. so we have several options:

1. The CRJ is not well programmed and don't work with the Dreamfoil. I leave the CRJ to fly the Dreamfoil (or other plugins)

2. The Dreamfoil is not well programmed and don't let the CRJ work ok. I leave other plugins or Dreamfoil to fly my CRJ

3. None has the culpit of this and we should find a fix. Maybe the solution has to be found parallel both companies. The CRJ made a fix that is not working for everyone (for example it seems that the x737 is not more a problem.. didn't read anything about it) So maybe dreamfoild could help fixing this problem also.

meanwhile I test the CRJ in Mac that seems to have a real problem here inside the main plane.. but not sure, because I don't find it.

Another thing.. New brand computers.. If you fill new computers with lots of plugins.. as you can see with Dreamfoil.. can make things not work together.... Damm.. my head is going to explote!!!! I hate this part of selling!!! GRRR!!

Ok.. so we have several options:

1. The CRJ is not well programmed and don't work with the Dreamfoil. I leave the CRJ to fly the Dreamfoil (or other plugins)

2. The Dreamfoil is not well programmed and don't let the CRJ work ok. I leave other plugins or Dreamfoil to fly my CRJ

3. None has the culpit of this and we should find a fix. Maybe the solution has to be found parallel both companies. The CRJ made a fix that is not working for everyone (for example it seems that the x737 is not more a problem.. didn't read anything about it) So maybe dreamfoild could help fixing this problem also.

meanwhile I test the CRJ in Mac that seems to have a real problem here inside the main plane.. but not sure, because I don't find it.

Another thing.. New brand computers.. If you fill new computers with lots of plugins.. as you can see with Dreamfoil.. can make things not work together.... Damm.. my head is going to explote!!!! I hate this part of selling!!! GRRR!!

It'll just be a matter of moving the D-Foil 206 in and out whenever I need it. NO big deal...

In you case is not a big deal.. but in other users like kesomir that needs the plugins for flying online are not that easy. BUT mabye those that created those plugins can give us solutions also.

x737 offered me to solve any problem of compatibility with the CRJ. Seems that we don't need it this time (cross fingers!!)

In you case is not a big deal.. but in other users like kesomir that needs the plugins for flying online are not that easy. BUT mabye those that created those plugins can give us solutions also.

x737 offered me to solve any problem of compatibility with the CRJ. Seems that we don't need it this time (cross fingers!!)

You might want to talk to Fred from Dreamfoil Creations about a possible fix. I know you can't get on the ORG, but luckily, he started his own webpage. Here's a link to the contact page. It is obvious that you guys have tried to make it compatible. Like you said, we need people on the other end to help as well.

http://dreamfoil.xyz.ind.br/index.php/contact

I am running Windows7 (64), ver 1.0 worked perfectly, XP starts ok loading the CRJ first cold and dark, APU starts fine but as soon as I select the APU gen (or the GPU) it crashes. Tried reinstalling...no joy.

Ok.. I repeat again. We are not soothsayers. We need the log.txt and crash-log.txt

it is always the same? 100% everytime you do that it CTD?

log.txt and crash-log.txt please. If we don't have those two files, we cannot solve these CTD problems. Thanks!

Ok.. Philipp can say it more clearly than me, but this is because compatibily with other plugins. We are planing (and doing now) to contact third developers to work with them to make a fix for their products... so this is not an easy task.

For now the only we can do is recomend you to uninstall.. or move out (while you fly the plane) those plugins that usually are XPUIPC related ones.

in 1.1 version XPUIPC fix is done and working, but other developers use the XPUIPC other manner so we have to contact those other vendors to privide us info and make the compatibility fixes.

So better uninstall or move those plugins.

Thanks

Surely the XPUIPC fix isn't working as it only allows XPUIPC to sit in the plugins folder. Are there any apps that when connected to XPUIPC do not cause a crash?

My understanding is that XPUIPC when idle now doesn't cause a crash in 1.1, but XPUIPC when in use still does.

The apps connected via XPUIPC are not talking to x-plane, they are talking to XPUIPC after all. Mine don't even run on the same machine, but on a remote machine via XPWideClient.

I'm in contact with the XPUIPC developer (who is also german, so I'm happy to say that communication is quite fast :) ) to solve this trouble.

In the meantime you could help me by giving me download link where I can get a free XPUIPC application that can be used to trigger the crash 100%.

Philipp

NEW - So far my experience

Hi

have the same effects here:

CTD when startup for the first time (cold&dark), on second load everything seems to be OK again.

Just purchased CRJ200 version 1.1 and when loading X Plane/crashes to desktop (win7).

Windows7 64bit, nvidia GTX470, 6GB RAM, I-7 CPU

XPLANE 9.70

SimplePushBack

Checklister

XACARS

CRJ-200 1.1

Oliver

I tested the above config on three flights, no CTD while working the airplane.

On 1st flight a CTD happened while excessively (re-)selecting SIDs/STARs.

Will start testing all together with x-squawkbox (online) soon. StdBy for results here.

BTW: Maybe we can have a list here (sticky ?) with tested (and working) hardware and software (plugins etc) including a system description in use ??!!

Cheers

Oliver

I'm in contact with the XPUIPC developer (who is also german, so I'm happy to say that communication is quite fast :) ) to solve this trouble.

In the meantime you could help me by giving me download link where I can get a free XPUIPC application that can be used to trigger the crash 100%.

Philipp

Excellent news Philip.

I can give you our flight logger, but you would need an installation of either fs9 or fsx for it to build it's nav database from (x-plane database support is pending) for initial setup.

If that's ok, then let me know and I'll send that and set up a test account. Otherwise I'll hunt for another free application that I can confirm causes a crash as FSCommander is neither free nor cheap.