G5 outside of 3D views

xBorderOps

Can anyone advise on using the G5 outside of a 3D cockpit?  I just want to run the plug-in as a pop-up, but every time I leave a 3D view the G5 display just freezes (which is a pretty poor fail mode choice). The docs on the wiki suggest there is a config flag for this, but I suspect it’s been deprecated (and that the docs are bogus). 

Some more info:  Running on a Mac; downloaded the G5 plug-in yesterday (labeled v1.0, but it appears to be the latest). Problem occurs in the 172 included with the download, as well as any other aircraft installation (via the buggy aircraft installer and via manual installation). 

Cameron-  When do you expect to push the latest version?  As-is, the product is no good to me (and not as described on your store page).  

Just so it's clear to others who might be thinking about buying before the updated version arrives:  

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/afm-instruments-p-163 states:

Can be ran with any aircraft in pop-out mode...

This is only true IFF X-Plane is in a 3D view.  If you're using the HUD or any other non-3D view, the v1 version of the G5 will freeze.  Total bummer.  

Edited by xBorderOps

2 minutes ago, xBorderOps said:

Cameron-  When do you expect to push the latest version?

I expect to push the latest version when it's able to be pushed.

2 minutes ago, xBorderOps said:

This is only true IFF X-Plane is in a 3D view.  If you're using the HUD or any other non-3D view, the v1 version of the G5 will freeze.  Total bummer.  

Happy to give you a platform to voice your concerns and let people know what big bad liars we are! ;) 

5 hours ago, Coop said:

We are waiting on the store to send the installer, hopefully this will be done very soon. 

34 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I expect to push the latest version when it's able to be pushed.

Gentlemen - I just want a working product as soon as possible.  If there is a date, please let me know.  

35 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Happy to give you a platform to voice your concerns and let people know what big bad liars we are! ;) 

I never said, nor implied, that you are big bad liars. I am just sharing that your product description omits a major limitation of the product (which the developer quite promptly, and professionally, confirmed).

Feel free to DM me if you'd like to move this off-thread.

13 minutes ago, xBorderOps said:

Gentlemen - I just want a working product as soon as possible.  If there is a date, please let me know. 

No, there is no date.

14 minutes ago, xBorderOps said:

I never said, nor implied, that you are big bad liars. I am just sharing that your product description omits a major limitation of the product (which the developer quite promptly, and professionally, confirmed).

Actually, what you said was, "not as described on your store page". That implies we have not told the truth in how the product works. You felt the need to announce this (which is fine), so I had a play with words on it. In reality it's minor, but minor is subjective and you felt the need to make a big deal of it. I used a wink for a reason.

16 minutes ago, xBorderOps said:

Feel free to DM me if you'd like to move this off-thread.

No need.