Panel lights too dim

CAVOK1996

Hi Cavok,

most often this is caused by the customer running a plugin or addon that changes the light levels in the simulator.

If you don´t know which one this may be causing it, please attach the log.txt (found in your main X-Plane folder) and I will have a look.

Cheers, Jan

I am running into the same issue. With regards to light scripts,  I do have the TK light mod installed. This affects the scenery night lighting and modifies the "lights.txt" file. I have used this mod with the ixeg 733 in the past without issue, so I am not sure if this is the culprit or not. 

Log.txt

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by sho69607

14 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi sho,

it could very well be the problem - especially now with Vulkan in the picture. Please try to run without the light mod and let us know if that helped?

Thanks, Jan

Ok just restored the lights.txt and even disabled reshade to be safe. Looks like things are a little brighter, but the panel lights still seem much more dim than they used to be. At least that is my observation. 

Screenshot_2.png

Yeah, it may be that your light scripts screwed up some settings... here is what the cockpit looks on my end. The screenshots are a lot more dark than the "live" picture, for some reason...

1.) Just background lights, no map lights:

1821873298_cockpitlightsnomap.thumb.jpg.9412f26ee2c800ad0369952c13b8c3ad.jpg

2.) Background lights with map lights:

574377109_cockpitlightswithmap.thumb.jpg.6a8efb72a84e4e629a753567d807394f.jpg

3.) like 2, but including flood lights on DIM

1066703562_cockpitlightsflooddim.thumb.jpg.bc2c0cb8381bcd2b1611f48cd2b3abdc.jpg

4.) all lights full bright (including flood and emergency)

1191580748_cockpitlightsallbright.thumb.jpg.c52e4867d03a0a6ccfad5742b0c307af.jpg

Cheers, Jan

Yep HDR is on. I disabled all plugins, scenery, and deleted the shaders folder and ran a test again. Unfortunately the domelights still aren't working. The lightbulb itself turns on,  but there is no indication of the cockpit being lit up. I am not sure what is causing this. Should I try a complete reinstall of the aircraft and Gizmo? Maybe something wen't wrong with the install or something. I'll attach my log file below as well.

Log.txt

Hmm - I see a few reports of these ones in your log:

0:00:25.142 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Resources/default scenery/sim objects/apt_beacons/beacon_mil.obj has a bad light name: apt_beacon_white_mil_glow

Maybe one of your light replacements or other experiments has overwritten or changed some default files?

I would try these things:

1.) Try to run with the latest beta of Gizmo (run the Gizmo installer) and see if that helps

2.) Delete (remove) your preferences: https://developer.x-plane.com/2016/11/you-dont-need-to-reinstall-x-plane-to-fix-it/

3.) Run the X-Plane installer and let it find and fix any files you have changed

4.) Doublecheck for latest Nvidia driver and HDR on (the report of "light bulb bright but no light cast" is usually a telltale sign of it not working)

If all of the above steps fail, you can reinstall the aircraft - but you will probably have to reinstall X-Plane as well to cure whatever damage was done.

Cheers, Jan

10 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I think I fixed it. I thought I deleted everything in my preferences folder the first time, but I must of missed something. Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it sorted out - and thanks for reporting back with the fix. I still don´t really know how all the "deleting preferences" works, but it seems to be some sort of magic fix for a lot of things. I wish that would work in real life, too.

I had my second simulator session last night for requalification on the A320 and the brand-new A320 NEO simulator we had developed a software problem mid-session. Some buttons didn´t work, couldn´t use the transponder panel, stuff like that. The technicians had to run several resets and we had to wait 45 minutes before we could resume the session...got home at 2 am...

Cheers, Jan