Mac OS Installation error

vlartisan

Hello IXEG team,

I keep getting the attached error message when trying to install the latest version if the IXEG 737. This occurred after I upgraded my Mac to Catalina (10.15.5). Did I miss a note somewhere that Catalina is not (yet) supported maybe ?

After the Catalina upgrade Mac OS has put my X-Plane 11 folder (which used to be a folder directly in the main drive directory) to a "kind of recovery destination". I thought that this might cause the issue so I moved X-Plane folder to the main Application folder. Everything else works fine, the currently installed IXEG 737 is flying happily, I just cannot upgrade and I don't really understand what this message means. "Bad CPU type" ?

The error message pops up just when executing the installation as the final step (after selecting liveries and confirming that the old version is uninstalled first). Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks for helping and apologies if this was covered already - a quick search didn't yield results at least ;)

-vlartisan

IXEG installation error.png

I'm back, sorry to bother you again:

I did what you said should be done in the other thread; installation seemed to work at first, but then I got more errors.. just to see where this goes I chose "Ignore"; the result was a nearly empty IXEG folder at the end. (Just "acf_version.txt" , "Livery Manager" and "scripts" folder are there now.) I made a backup of the previous folder so I can revert to that for now.

Could you point me to a solution again ? :)

Thank you, 

vlartisan

error 1.png

error 2.png

error 3.png

Hey Jan,

Yes, that would the obvious explanation at first, however some objects were indeed downloaded and I was able to post the issue here from the same computer.. I'm not saying your theory is wrong, but I don't know how that would make sense in this case. Also, if this IS an issue on my side, it's out of my control since my wifi router is directly connected to the respective data outlet in my flat. (so no daisy-chained network topography)

Is there a way to retrieve the files that need to be downloaded through other ways than the X-Aviation updater ? Any chance for a download link or other network-drive based options ?

cheers,

vlartisan

Yes, I had the same synopsis. I could use the internet just fine, including playing online games etc. But when I tried to download (I think it was TerraMaxx) it would download most of it ok - but choke on some files. The daisy-chain may in your case be (beyond your control) in the way the data network is laid out in your building or so...

I don´t think there is any other way to get you the installation files but as an online download. Some alternatives may be a connection through your cellphone or possibly a WLAN in a restaurant or at a friends place?

I must admit I do not know if you can download the installation files on a laptop (while at McDonalds or Starbucks) and then later at home transfer them to your desktop and install them there?

Hope any of this helps, Jan

@Litjan the error you experienced was a component mismatch error, meaning the download file size was wrong.

The above shots show a file not found error, which can only be one of two things:

1. Running an older installer than what's on the server. For every update you need to re-download the latest installer from your account. This is the most likely issue right now.

2. Firewall

The error means it is not even finding a file to download on the server. You should double check that the file you're running is in fact the 1.32 installer.

• Like 1

@Cameron  

The above shots show a file not found error, which can only be one of two things:

1. Running an older installer than what's on the server. For every update you need to re-download the latest installer from your account. This is the most likely issue right now.

That was it ! I confused it with the 1.31 installer apparently.

Running like a charm now - wonderful aircraft by the way !

Thank you guys and kind regards,

vlartisan

• Like 1