TOD calculation

danhenri

Hello IXEG team,

I don't know if this is the good place to report... I flew last night from LFPO to LFBZ (Biarritz) on IVAO, programming a MAGEC 8S arrival. En route, the ATC gave me a direct from my actual position to MAGEC. So, when I made a DCT TO, erasing waypoints between that position and MAGEC, the FMS did not recalculate the TOD, even after I entered manually the altitude required at MAGEC (FL080) in the FMS . I had to apply the famous rule to compute the TOD by myself (I know, it's very easy, even for guys like me who never were very brillant in the class of mathematics !). This issue appears on several occasions when the guys on IVAO give you a direct to before an arrival.

Sorry if this has soon been report, but I know Tom is working hard on VNAV.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Edited by danhenri

On that note, I was pushing buttons, and changing things, like a spider monkey hopped up on Mountain Dew, and at one point, ended up with the TOC further down the route than the TOD, while at level cruise altitude.  Can I reproduce it?  Heck no, but I did see it......LOL.  I know, not useful, but I'll throw it out there, to put it on the radar so to speak.

Oh, I have seen the VNAV calculation do the craziest things... even telling me I was 10.000 feet too high when I was only flying at 5000 feet :lol:. It may have gained self awareness and wants to get rid of all human pilots. :o

For now I would take all of its calculations with a grain of salt, especially if the route was changed after liftoff an/or contains restrictions on the descent path.

Cheers, Jan