11.50 Button clicks and Horizon mismatch

severniae

Hi,
I have two problems

1. The artificial horizon seems to not be calibrated properly - when pointing at a 90 degree nose up or downline, the horizon is showing around 75 to 80 degrees. also the pull up arrows never seem to go away..

2. Click Click Click. Whenever I press a button on the joystick that isn't calibrated to something, I hear a click, I also hear the click sometimes when moving my head in VR, and also in conjunction with xprealistic I get a lot of click click click all the time..

Thanks in advance for your help

James Walker

51 minutes ago, severniae said:

Hi,
I have two problems

1. The artificial horizon seems to not be calibrated properly - when pointing at a 90 degree nose up or downline, the horizon is showing around 75 to 80 degrees. also the pull up arrows never seem to go away..

2. Click Click Click. Whenever I press a button on the joystick that isn't calibrated to something, I hear a click, I also hear the click sometimes when moving my head in VR, and also in conjunction with xprealistic I get a lot of click click click all the time..

Thanks in advance for your help

James Walker

Hi James, both the pitch angle and pull up arrows are features of the default laminar x1000. The pitch angle is implemented to mimic real behavior (if you have videos showing the G1000 of a real G1000 behavior with 90º pitch up or down, we will gladly take another look). Arrows are drawn in over pitch up conditions and LR only stops showing them when pitch is returned to near-neutral. 

Not sure on the click, we will look into it. 

Thanks @Coop forgetting back to me so quick, great to find one of those few devs who know how to support their products! (And what a product it is! Having great fun!)

I have isolated the click sound to 'switch11' as it is labelled in FMOD - As a test I commented out all the calls for switch 11 and the click is gone. Interestingly it does it when I click the thumb button on my oculus controller too. Hopefully this will help you narrow it down!

I'll try and catch a video or something later, but I was flying (in VR) and pitched up to a visual 45 degree up line, however both horizons showed only around 20 degrees. Though to be honest, the G1K isn't really designed for Aerobatics so I'm probably mistreating it!

I have a couple of other questions if I may?

First, should I have the experimental flight model enabled or disabled with the PR?

Second, when powering down, the sound of the avionics fans makes what I can only describe by a bump sound, then the sound momentarily disappears and is followed by the whurr down sound I'd expect.  Still on sound, when powered down there is a constant what sounds like  electrical whurr - just being inquisitive, what is it?

Third - I couldn't find in the manual any G limits? (although I suppose with no G meter in the cockpit kind of suggests she was built for gentlemanly XC rather that hooliganism!)

Finally, I've found to maintain level flight at higher speeds (>150KIAS) the PR needs quite a bit of nose below the horizon, I'm wondering should I be adding more CG into the rear?

Many thanks again,

James 

6 hours ago, severniae said:

First, should I have the experimental flight model enabled or disabled with the PR?

Second, when powering down, the sound of the avionics fans makes what I can only describe by a bump sound, then the sound momentarily disappears and is followed by the whurr down sound I'd expect.  Still on sound, when powered down there is a constant what sounds like  electrical whurr - just being inquisitive, what is it?

Third - I couldn't find in the manual any G limits? (although I suppose with no G meter in the cockpit kind of suggests she was built for gentlemanly XC rather that hooliganism!)

Finally, I've found to maintain level flight at higher speeds (>150KIAS) the PR needs quite a bit of nose below the horizon, I'm wondering should I be adding more CG into the rear?

1. Both work, experimental flight model will have some minor performance differences, but advantages in other handling areas. It is up to you.
  2. That sounds like a bug - issue logged :)
  3. Experimental aircraft with no published G-limits. We don't simulate the wings snapping with overloading as in reality the control authority and possible control force would be the limiting factor.
  4. CG is most likely fine - the aircraft has a pretty darn high lift wing and when you get it to fast speeds, it is generating a bunch of lift -- too much actually. Nose down is to compensate for that. Most planes with a more narrow operating envelope wouldn't have this issue, but this plane is a bit unique.