[SOLVED] The CRJ and FSE

woweezowee

note: this is not about a bug with the CRJ!

also posted at the FSE Forums:

http://www.fseforums.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=61815&posts=1&start=1

Well, seems we can't use the shiny new xplane CRJ with FSE. The automated fuel system tells x-economy that "fuel seem filling" immediately after login/startFlight.

@ksgy: Any chance we see an update to the x-economy plugin soon?

@all other FSE-pilots: Do you have a solution?

I have to work around X-Plane's fuel system because X-Plane always wants all tanks to be equally filled and uses fuel from all three tanks.

With the CRJ in contrast, first the wing tanks are filled and then the center tank.

And when consuming fuel, first the center tank is transferred to the wing tanks, then the wing tanks are used.

To do that, I'm doing quite an amount of manipulation on the fuel tanks.

Apparently, FSE senses this as "cheating".

Sorry, there is nothing I can do about that.

Philipp

PS: The link above returns an error, I may not access this page.

sorry about the link, it works, but I think you have to be registered to the FSE forums.

Phillipp, sure. I know it is an issue with x-economy, not the CRJ. I just hope there will be a solution, knowing that ksgy was developing a new version of it anyway*. and the more complex planes are available, of course "we" want to fly them in FSE, too, the more the plugin has to manage. I'm sure it is not an easy task - keeping my fingers crossed.

* posted here, because he's an active user at x-pilot

Paul informed me he was only polling the total fuel and he also indicated he wanted to put in a slight tolerance, I dont know if he did   As long as the total fuel isn't increasing between flight loops you should be fine.  I had originally programmed the MU2 fuel transfer system to add fuel to one tank, then subtract it from another which would cause "increased total fuel mass" if Pauls plugin read the fuel total between my adding and subtracting...I just reversed this and subtracted first, then added and it solved the FSE issue...of course that change is in the 1.5 update and not the current version ;)

Phillip, is the total fuel load increasing at any point in time on the CRJ?

Any idea how we need to modify the x-economy plugin?

If you can give us an idea of how your xplane workaround works, maybe I can suggest a modificaiton to the x-economy developer.

No, it should not increase...

Basically it's like Tom Kyler said, I'm removing fuel from some tanks and adding it to others. Perhaps it's those little "buffer" tanks and the gravity-crossflow. I will take a look at it sometime, but now it's not highest priority.

Philipp

• 2 weeks later...

Update was posted in the FSE forums today, here's the message from stonyo:

Sorry, I had no time, but made changes:

http://x-plane.hu/x-economy/beta/PI_xfse.py

Please download and test it (before that, backup your original to somewhere else, including PI_xfse.pyc file! The version will be the same, but never mind that :))

finally got an idea how to solve more clever way: if the change not more than 15% it's okay - so if an external plugin changes the fuel, it would not recognized by the script.

Hope this will solve all the fuel issues on CRJ, An-24 and MU-2 too. If you have these planes, please test it on those too - especially An24 - I know there is a switch you can change fseconomy compatibility on or off.

Thanks

edit 2.6.2011: happy to report that The new beta Version now works after another Bug was identified and solved.