Possibly failed license?

Hello, 

I recently puchased the IXEG 737 (roughly about a month ago) but didn't start trying to use it until a day or two ago. I activated my plane with the pop-up window in X-Plane (v 11.35) and it seemed to work fine. However, I have many issues and I suspect even though my license was verified that some things may not be working properly. For starters I can't change the speed on the MCP, the HDG or ALT. The two dimmers for cockpit lights directly in front of the left seat are unresponsive. And the engines will not start. They do spool but when introducing fuel I get no light off. Before anybody questions me about my configuration, I am extremely familiar with the 737. I am also a real world pilot with many type ratings and fully understand how to properly configure this aircraft to start it up. 

I have tried uninstalling the airplane and re-installing it twice now. But the issues still persist. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with my install but it needs to get fixed or the plane is unflyable.

Any ideas??

Hi,

it doesn´t sound like licensing would be your problem - thats a good thing!

I haven´t heard of anyone having a similiar problem - the values on the MCP should be changeable by grabbing (left-click) and then moving the mouse laterally.

Make sure you don´t have any third-party stuff interfering - especially notorious are "fly with lua" and python scripts running and influencing datarefs.

Also make sure that you don´t have hardware interfering (like programmable consoles or joysticks/throttles).

Last but not least make sure you have fuel - the fuel state is saved between sessions, and if you forget to refill the tanks, your engines will spool right down after respawning, even when picking the "ready to fly" state.

Let me know how it goes, Jan

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi,

it doesn´t sound like licensing would be your problem - thats a good thing!

I haven´t heard of anyone having a similiar problem - the values on the MCP should be changeable by grabbing (left-click) and then moving the mouse laterally.

Make sure you don´t have any third-party stuff interfering - especially notorious are "fly with lua" and python scripts running and influencing datarefs.

Also make sure that you don´t have hardware interfering (like programmable consoles or joysticks/throttles).

Last but not least make sure you have fuel - the fuel state is saved between sessions, and if you forget to refill the tanks, your engines will spool right down after respawning, even when picking the "ready to fly" state.

Let me know how it goes, Jan

Well, I'm glad it's not the license but I can't figure out what is wrong. I don't have fly with lua. I have X-camera but I've disabled it and there is still no change. 

To add to the list of things. When I open the flight crew tab and try to open doors the radio buttons are unresponsive. Also if I look at my ND while moving the heading knob the magenta bug attempts to move but is continuously reset to the number shown on the MCP. Most of the functions in the cockpit seem to work with the exception of a few of them. The aircraft has plenty of fuel but even when starting "ready to fly" the engines immediately shut down. I can, however start the APU. 

Is there something I can troubleshoot with to figure out what may be causing the issues?? 

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

Do you have xpuipc installed? Please attach a copy of log.txt from the xp folder to make debug easier for us.. 

I will attach a log.txt when I get home. At the beginning of this I did have XPUIPC installed but I wasn’t using it and got rid of it to solve another issue I was having. (Throttles being unresponsive). Is the log.txt from the main install folder of X-Plane? 

Okay this is the strangest thing but I think I found the solution. Somehow, I accidentally placed a backup folder for an aircraft I was making changes to into my custom scenery folder. This strangely had an effect on multiple aircraft. I since removed that folder from my custom scenery folder and now things appear to be in working order. 

Very weird but I think I've got it fixed now.

12 hours ago, Phantom_A320 said:

Okay this is the strangest thing but I think I found the solution. Somehow, I accidentally placed a backup folder for an aircraft I was making changes to into my custom scenery folder. This strangely had an effect on multiple aircraft. I since removed that folder from my custom scenery folder and now things appear to be in working order. 

Very weird but I think I've got it fixed now.

Very glad to hear that! And please make sure to post here if we can be of any further assistance!

Happy landings, Jan