Locked the wrong machine

dg222

@Cameron

Goodmoring, I hate to admit in public that I've been stupid.....but I've been stupid

The problem is this, I have 2 computers at home, an old one that I really don't use anymore and a new one especially build with flightsimming in mind. I've installed X-aviation products on both machines and so far everything went well. In the meantime I bought a laptop and was wondering how xplane 11 and the TBM900 would perform on this laptop, it didn't of course but that aside. While installing on the laptop I got a pop-up saying I had to freeze one other computer ID. And there I did go wrong, I've accidentally locked the new computer instead of the old one..... stupid I know! 

Fact is now that I'm stuck with a well performing pc but without acces to my X-aviation products. I know it's my fault and I know I should have paid better attention, but nonetheless I wanna ask you if you can please help me out here.

I've filed 2 support tickets:  #39AIF and #LZFET

Hope you can help me sort this issue 

Thanks in advance 

Derek 

So.. I've gotten an similiar dillema. I installed the TBM on my orginal XP11 installation. I forgot what name I gave that installation.. Then I made a clean XP11 install next to it.. Deleted the old one and installed the TBM in the new one.. I had to choose another PC name. But then.. I made another XP11 installation on the same PC. I'm afraid that if I install the TBM9 again it get's frozen.

59 minutes ago, Aloneintheskies said:

So.. I've gotten an similiar dillema. I installed the TBM on my orginal XP11 installation. I forgot what name I gave that installation.. Then I made a clean XP11 install next to it.. Deleted the old one and installed the TBM in the new one.. I had to choose another PC name. But then.. I made another XP11 installation on the same PC. I'm afraid that if I install the TBM9 again it get's frozen.

1. The name and date of registration for the machine are provided as a reference. If in doubt, it's probably safest to choose the oldest machine in the list.

2. Occasionally Windows Update will cause the same hardware to be seen as a new machine, see point 1 re: dates.

3. Generally multiple installs of X-Plane on the same system are seen as the same Hardware-ID. 

With those three rules in mind you should be perfectly safe to have another copy of your products on the same hardware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

1. The name and date of registration for the machine are provided as a reference. If in doubt, it's probably safest to choose the oldest machine in the list.

2. Occasionally Windows Update will cause the same hardware to be seen as a new machine, see point 1 re: dates.

3. Generally multiple installs of X-Plane on the same system are seen as the same Hardware-ID. 

With those three rules in mind you should be perfectly safe to have another copy of your products on the same hardware.

Thank you for your reply Ben! Now it comes to my mind, I updated Windows, that's probably what caused it. Where can I see all my registrations? Because I think I got two names for the same computer now. :D 

Not here to give a definite answer, but more so to pose a question directly related to the OP's problem.  Isn't it entirely possible that the OP can just fire up the system with the software and license on it, and uninstall, thus releasing the license to be active on the other system?  In the past, when i have had to migrate software from one machine to the next, I typically did proper uninstalls (or if the software had a method to deactivate the license, I would do that first), then after that was done, turn around and reinstall to the new system, re-activate a license, which went as kosher as Christmas.

This may be worth investigating for the OP, by locating the proper uninstall and try that first, with a subsequent reinstall on the system he intends to have active and see if that works.  If anything, you've guaranteed that no other conflicting systems have an active license but the one that needs it.