Slow download speed

lov3

Nope, download started when everyone was still asleep, and no one in my household is download/uploading anything. Downloading other files goes way quicker even tho they are heavier. I think this a server side problem (but who am I to decide). I saw a post on Reddit dating a few months back were someone had the same issue.

Besides, I just went out with everyone for 2 hours, let the computer on (not in sleep mode) and it progressed less than 20%. And just asked everybody, no one was downloading/uploading anything. 

Edited by Aloneintheskies

1 minute ago, Goran_M said:

I know that X Aviation uses servers in various locations around the world, so my only guess is the ones in Europe are slow for some reason. From memory, xa uses Amazon servers. 

I could use a VPN and try downloading through a American IP, and see if that makes any difference. I'm just afraid that I'll be blocked for piracy like others. (Read about that on Reddit). 

7 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I know that X Aviation uses servers in various locations around the world, so my only guess is the ones in Europe are slow for some reason. From memory, xa uses Amazon servers. 

Hi Goran_M,

I've just reinstalled 1.4c to see if there's a general problem in Europe for you.  I am in the UK, using the BT Open Reach network and the download took two to three minutes.  Whilst this isn't maxing out my connection it's fairly normal for these upgrades.

image.png.f7e433060fbe534cd27b2b953ac18310.png

Regards BT

4 minutes ago, boredtechie said:

Hi Goran_M,

I've just reinstalled 1.4c to see if there's a general problem in Europe for you.  I am in the UK, using the BT Open Reach network and the download took two to three minutes.  Whilst this isn't maxing out my connection it's fairly normal for these upgrades.

image.png.f7e433060fbe534cd27b2b953ac18310.png

Regards BT

That's weird. So or my computer is just glitching out or my server connection is actually really slow. Btw thanks for testing it out!